The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL Tonsorial -a new (OLD) formula is born

I'm enjoying the generous sample of Roasted Oatmeal Stout tonsorial soap. Lathers easily, rinses well, leaving my skin feeling great. Looking forward to more flavors.

First shave with CBL Money in the tonsorial formula. Getting it pressed into my slightly smaller, empty Cella tub was a challenge as it fragmented and flaked a good deal. The soap is still juuust soft enough to deform, but just lacks the moisture that keeps it easily pliable as a whole piece.

The scent and shave though, wow! Definitely see where people are getting the fresh linen kind of smell from. It was very nice! A scent that could make many different folks happy. It lathered up super easily with a moderately wet brush on a dry puck (minus the soap flakes from my tub moulding issues). The soap has it where of it counts! It is a step down from the normal formula, but not a big one. This is still likely a top tier soap. With CBL and SV in my soap drawer, I find myself thinking more and more why I even have other soaps laying around.

It’s official...I’m 8 fer 4 on my CBL purchases! 16ish oz of high quality soap, 4 bangin scents (Cherry Blossom & Bamboo, Fresh Vetiver, Money, and SIR Fougere), solid deal at $28 shipped.

Instant classic shave today - CBL SIR Fougere, Pitralon Classic, andCypress/Melaleuca/Siberian Fir EO...perfection! Loved the shave SF gave. The scent was fresh, light, green fern...a distant cousin to CBL Money if you’ve used that. Had a hair cut last night with the ol clippers, so I trimmed up the sideburns during the shave. The Schick Adjustable cruised along on setting 5 for 3 passes, then dialed back to 3 for cleanup. Oh yes.

It’s official...I’m 8 fer 4 on my CBL purchases! 16ish oz of high quality soap, 4 bangin scents (Cherry Blossom & Bamboo, Fresh Vetiver, Money, and SIR Fougere), solid deal at $28 shipped.

Instant classic shave today - CBL SIR Fougere, Pitralon Classic, andCypress/Melaleuca/Siberian Fir EO...perfection! Loved the shave SF gave. The scent was fresh, light, green fern...a distant cousin to CBL Money if you’ve used that. Had a hair cut last night with the ol clippers, so I trimmed up the sideburns during the shave. The Schick Adjustable cruised along on setting 5 for 3 passes, then dialed back to 3 for cleanup. Oh yes.
Good to hear you’re digging to god stuff... guess what. The official launch of CBL TONSORIAL is happening soon, so the rest of the world will be able to get their hands on some great new scents soon. I’ll circle back and do Sir fougere and stout soon.

Tonsorial is GOOD, but I'm not sure it's THAT good! 🕺
View attachment 10467
Supply and demand, the cornerstone of commerce. The easiest way to make my website show something like that is to make a product...but the product has to be in stock so I had to make sure nobody actually bought the announcement while I work behind the scenes to make the website do what want it to do. ...but did you notice I lowered prices on other stuff to make room for more Tonsorial soap?

Supply and demand, the cornerstone of commerce. The easiest way to make my website show something like that is to make a product...but the product has to be in stock so I had to make sure nobody actually bought the announcement while I work behind the scenes to make the website do what want it to do. ...but did you notice I lowered prices on other stuff to make room for more Tonsorial soap?
Does that mean I'll have a refund of my $1,000,000 instead of the soap?😜

Last edited:
Those sales on regular tubs are a steal!
I’ve got some random scents I’ve made here and there I need to put up so people can buy them too. I’ve still got some Bingo Bomb, some pineapple cilantro and a few others for the ladies. The labels are a little off but I should be able to fix those next week.

ANNOUNCEMENT
I have 4 different Tonsorial soap scents ready for release, I’m just waiting on the top coat spray that will render the labels “waterproof”. Apparently the labels I had been told are able to resist bleeding are only able to do so if I spray a specific top coat on them. The good news is, I can continue to print on demand AND provide water resistant or water proof labels (y) . Once these labels are coated and applied to the tubs I will make them available on the website...so tel your friends.
The 4 scents are:
Fresh Lime- a light lime scent with a hint of ghost cooling effect. About 2.5 ounces hot poured into a 6.5 ounce tub $7
Balsamic Oud- a clone of Tom Ford’s Oud wood, a light fragrance to begin with (to my nose) that seems to be even lighter in a soap but, like many Tom ford scents, opens up some during and after lathering. About 2.5 ounces hot poured into a 6.5 ounce tub $7
Bergamot & Lemon- a barbershop type scent heavy on the bergamot and lemon with hints of woods (very fresh) 3+ ounces in 6.5 ounce tub $9 (regular price for tonsorial soap)
Agarwood minerale- a.k.a. Oud minerale. The same scent I included with the TSC anniversary brush. Agarwood, ambergris and sea minerals (maybe even seaweed). Comes across as a light scent but it’s not, it’s intoxicating. 3+ ounces in 6.5 ounce tub $9

I will be trying to get Roasted Oatmeal Stout into the production line-up soon as well as a possible. I am weighing a dragons blood or sandalwood as well. There has been a lot of interest in a Shaving stick so I might kick one of those out soon too. If I DO, I will need to pick a meaningful scent such as club Cbl (clubman), SIR fougere, a nice bay rum or perhaps Irone throne with out menthol or cooling agent (it’s a pretty good bay rum type scent as it is...I could call it something bay rum ).

That's a killer release, Chris. Can't wait to put in my order.

Back