The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Camping and RVing thread

What an idyllic camping spot. How thirsty was the rig? That extra length behind the axle didn’t give you any problems did it?

What an idyllic camping spot. How thirsty was the rig? That extra length behind the axle didn’t give you any problems did it?

The campground we went to was only about 50 miles away, so only 100 miles round trip. We leave again this weekend and going further. But according to the onboard MPG I got 11! So not bad really.

Extra length was no issue. Definitely a learning curve especially with a semi passing you. The semi pushes you to the right and then it is against your judgment to hug to left. Not sure why a RV has cruise control... i'm not ready to use that LOL.

The kids really liked the different toilet. So they kept flushing it just to flush it LOL! So we had pretty a much full tank when leaving LOL.

Some older folks will carry a small scooter , moped or motorcycle to run small missions from the campsite so you don’t have to uproot the whole rig for an ice cream run.

I am home! After 500 miles on the motorhome, some cross winds that made me white knuckle for a stretch of 200 miles, this was ONE awesome trip! Best part was my 90 year old grandma rode down with my parents and man what an awesome trip! All the petroglyphs, deer, big horn sheep, and bourbon around the campfire it really doesn't get any better than that!

Our trip last week...33ABCCC3-D869-487E-8077-1930B8F1D0FB.jpeg
EBC52B54-B826-46F9-A30F-2D3935AC4ADA.jpeg
33689DF9-1055-4918-8935-9998DE23C190.jpeg4A0B5DE9-80D5-4B3B-A89B-82C0E2D75A65.jpegThe inside is a bit small for all of us, especially when EVERYTHING is out but it works. We bought the trailer in January and immediately got locked out of most of our reservations, this was the first 3 days open in the state. This weekend this location closes again.

Back