The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SORRENTINO BRUSHWORKS

Now for the Zoom sign up. Anyone who is interested sign up, and once we get everything nailed down I'll send a PM with the information.

1. dangerousdon
2. uacowboy
3. Spider
4. GearNoir
5. Majorrich

Now for the Zoom sign up. Anyone who is interested sign up, and once we get everything nailed down I'll send a PM with the information.

1. dangerousdon
2. uacowboy
3. Spider
4. GearNoir
5. Majorrich
6. NurseDave

1. dangerousdon
2. uacowboy
3. Spider
4. GearNoir
5. Majorrich
6. NurseDave
7. Fenster

1. dangerousdon
2. uacowboy
3. Spider
4. GearNoir
5. Majorrich
6. NurseDave
7. Fenster

The Zoom call has been set for this coming Monday at 9:30pm EST. PM's have been sent to everyone who has already signed up, and if anyone else signs up I'll pass the info to them as well.

Eric some shots are rooting around I still have some Cholla and Saguaro Fells to look at on the back of the Ranch but let me know what you think of these diameter wise. I will be cutting them shorter for shipping, I still need to clean them up a bit, but give you an idea

cholla1.jpgcholla2.jpg

Sorry I've been out of the loop for a while. Things have been pretty busy around here lately. I'd planned on getting this video uploaded last week, but better late than never. I recorded my first attempt at casting resin. This was done during a Zoom call, so I kept most of the video at normal speed, which made it very lengthy(eat your heart out @GearNoir). The audio of the Zoom conversation is low, but it is there. I removed the blanks from the molds the next day, and will post that video later. This one is for you, @Dave in KY.

Eric @Smattayu THANKS for sharing. It was VERY cool to watch the process of what goes into it and the varied ways to experiment with the colors and pour. Looking forward to seeing what the final outcome ends up being for them both in the blank and what it looks like after turned. Thanks again for taking the time (y)

Very intersting Eric! Sorry I missed the live show

Thanks Dave!

Eric @Smattayu THANKS for sharing. It was VERY cool to watch the process of what goes into it and the varied ways to experiment with the colors and pour. Looking forward to seeing what the final outcome ends up being for them both in the blank and what it looks like after turned. Thanks again for taking the time (y)

It was a fun time. The toughest part was how messy it was, mostly due to the thickness of the epoxy resin. I’ve cast about 8 blanks since then, and have cleaned up the process a lot.

Two were of the polyester resin, and I can confirm that the fumes are both nasty and long lasting. The entire garage stank for two days, and the inside of the pressure pot still smells like a chemical fart every time I take the lid off.

I tried my hand with the Alumilite last night. We’ll see how it turned out today. As expected, it was a lot easier to work with, though I think the color combination I used will not work out well.

Here are two of my favorites from the following batches. Peaches and Cream, and Skittles. I keep going out there to work when I’m hungry.
A542B18E-5017-472A-A863-E895F87A28DA.jpeg

And the demolding video, as promised:

Back