The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Brew's Foul Concoction

We're all so proud of you and what you've accomplished ;)

Looks like some good stuff going on in here I'll have to swing by more often. I wear western style boots 99.9% of the time. They last a long time if you take care of them and, living in the desert, mean i can worry a little less about walking around outside in the evenings at work since we are out away from the city proper.

Looking forward to your future posts here @Brew

I typically prefer shaving with 5/8s or 6/8s, hollow or extra hollow razors. But I am consistently blown away by the shaves my heavier ground razors deliver. Today the BB bonefish razor crushed my shave. Two passes, and I'm nearly BBS. If you asked me, "what is your favorite type of razor?" this one would have nearly none of the characteristics in my response, except "holds a great edge."

P1060513_zpsffe55438.jpeg

Enjoy your weekends, TSC.

Very nice blade. I actually like the heavy grinds more myself. I think it's just the weight of them. 7/8 is my sweet spot for sure.

I'm not much of a soap guy. I find them finicky, and often they seem to substitute easy slickness for real performance. But the old AoS sandalwood soap that was available on eBay for a while is one I like to have at hand. It's a low volume lather, but the lather is slick and a tremendous cushion. And that fragrance . . . .

I love that razor, in a world where razors all start to look the same THAT one found a way to stand out with out being too different. There are others like it...and I really like those too, the “drip notch” is a cool feature. I had not seen the drip notch described as such (or in any other way) before, now that it has a name I like it even more. If I am not mistaken several of the MK blades have a similar but less aggressive (or more worn) feature. So cool.

Back