The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Brew's Foul Concoction

Brew

Shave Enthusiast
Gosh I missed keeping a shaving journal. I hope you don't mind if I sneak some shoes, boots, watches, exercise, and whatever in here too.

I've been on a lavender kick recently. I think it was rediscovering Speick that did it. That stuff is still the best, easiest lather out there, imo. SJOL is excellent too. Any other suggestions?

Brushes? Mostly boars, as I find badgers unnecessarily fussy.
Razors? Only straights. I think there are a couple of DEs under the sink, for when I get too old and feeble to use a proper razor.
Lather? Mostly creams.
AS? A swimming pool of Tabac would be just fine, thanks.
Frag? I stink!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to keeping this diary going.

That's a lot of talking, not a whole lot of showing. 🤪 But I guess that'll come in time. Pardon my lapse in patience. Welcome to the journals!

Gosh I missed keeping a shaving journal. I hope you don't mind if I sneak some shoes, boots, watches, exercise, and whatever in here too.
Also feel free to start a thread on whatever it is you like to spend your time on if there isn't already one out there.

I'm more curious about those speakers! And spikes on the wood floors? You da man!

No apologies necessary, I'm just a little wacky with a stunningly dry sense of humor. That's a good looking pup!

I hope you don't mind if I sneak some shoes, boots, watches, exercise, and whatever in here too.

Honestly, I skim the journals, and usually fly past all the shaving stuff, unless somethign catches my eye. I'd much rather read about what is going on with folks in the other parts of their lives. Helps me get to know them better. It's your journal, you can post whatever you want!

Amateur 🤪
View attachment 9626
Welcome aboard Brew
Need to step up my game!!

hqdefault.jpg

Honestly, I skim the journals, and usually fly past all the shaving stuff, unless somethign catches my eye. I'd much rather read about what is going on with folks in the other parts of their lives. Helps me get to know them better. It's your journal, you can post whatever you want!
I'm a Last Page journal reader. I'll buzz through the last page of the journals to see if anything catches my attention. If not, I move on to the next without comment. I rarely try to read through. I guess that's a bit selfish, but . . . .

Going to go for a swim in a bit, then shave, and work; coffee and forums now.

Have a good morning/day.

Great start Larry. The great thing about journals is that they can be what you want them to be. It is a great way to get to know people you may not ever meet. I'm like you in the sense that I may read a lot of journals but don't always comment and I'm certainly not keeping current with everyone's journal.

Man, all these comments about skimming journals. I’m going to have to start using attention grabbing headlines for my entries.

Back