The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Blasts from my past

A goodly shave

Razor - WS Shavette
Blade - Wilkinson Sword
Soap - Arkoarkoarko
Brush - TGN badger in an Ever Ready C40

I'd forgotten just how much I love the smell of Arko. Gorgeous stuff.

1376b47a65113e94802f3d38cb00a1f1.jpg

I haven't used Arko in years, but I'm one of those special people that appreciate its qualities, especially that wonderful aroma.

I knew I was going to get out of the habit...
Been using the CJB and whatever soap comes to hand for quick touch ups for a month.
Yesterday, busted out a Fatboy. This was won in a B&B draw for Check Your Six, colonoscopy awareness.

Razor - Gillette Fatboy
Blade - Lord
Cream - La Toja
Brush - Synth (yeti?)

Got the La Toja in Spain almost a decade ago. Still works well!

Yesterday, busted out a Fatboy. This was won in a B&B draw for Check Your Six, colonoscopy awareness.
That's an excellent incentive. Did you enjoy the colonoscopy drugs? Regrettably, most people forget the effects of the fentanyl, usually because of other meds they are given. ;)

That's an excellent incentive. Did you enjoy the colonoscopy drugs? Regrettably, most people forget the effects of the fentanyl, usually because of other meds they are given. ;)
Didn't mind the prep too much. Sucked not eating for a day.
Best two hour sleep I've ever had though.

Yesterday was a blast to the Flare Tip superspeed that I originally bought for my son to spread the wet shaving joy. He of course never used it, so I reclaimed it. Very smooth and easy.

Razor - Gillette Flare Tip SuperSpeed
Blade - Trig
Soap - Arkoarkoarko
Brush - Synth that is way too big for my bearded face. Yeti, possibly?

A blast from the past, a band that hasn't released a new album in over 30 years, but still my favorite.
The Sisters Of Mercy in Philly last night.
9d2765eed40d3d89c3ed9c33b9d9d24b.jpg
Where in Philly? Is that your domicile?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Been in Philly or near burbs for 28 years
I lived at 6090 Drexel Ave, directly over the Overbook SEPTA station in 1991. It was the best of times, and it was the worst of times. I was young, and playing in a band, so, no money to really enjoy anything, but we always had a gig on Friday and Saturday, either in Philly or New York. I saw some crazy stuff when I was in that scene.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Been bad at shaving. Twice a week, one pass with a Schick closed comb C repeater and some unlathered La Tofa cream for the most part.

But the main reason for posting today is to note the passing of my beloved dog Rosie. Got her in 2011 after my dad died. She was between 1 and 5 then, so she was pretty old. She was lovely. Loved any person, was indifferent to other dogs. Will miss her always.
16fc9303f88b812dc9b123e6753d9a7b.jpg
IMG-20231112-WA0033.jpg
1d66af0cf748e7d85a61885637d108a1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

Prayers to you and if it gives you any solace, she will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge with her favorite toy, and maybe even with your dad playing and waiting for you

Take Care

Back