The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Blasts from my past

I think the universe is telling me it's time for Berber Tiraş Sabunu, AKA...
98cc686e3b8692d12629aca41d270953.jpg

Not sure really. Been ages since I’ve done any research on them, and honestly have forgotten most of what I did know about them. 30s-50s, maybe?

With the blade guard on the Sextoblade razors are INCREDIBLY easy to get a good shave from with minimal chance of injury.
Huh,,, never used one. I have only one open blade shave under my belt. 😉

Very cool. Kind of a predecessor to AC blades and shavettes. Are the blades hard to come by?
They’re hair shaper blades. Widely available at Sally’s Beauty supply and other such places.
That is correct . The blades are readily available at sallys or other beauty supply shops or online. Personna hair shaper blades or the Fromm or diane hair shaper blades are all easily found and their prices are not that bad...

The Downstairs Set

Stashed in a closet, this is mostly what I've been using to do a quick tidy up before going out.
I think the soap is DRH Arlington. Pretty sure. Acquired in Madrid. Pretty sure. Housed in a great Captains Choice bowl (I think I won it)
Brush was my first TGN transplant. Just a small 18mm fine badger. Was long my travel brush.
Clog Pruf with 17 teeth. I hated my first CP. Tossed it. Same with the second one. MMOC and Bullet Tip were fine, but a Clog Pruf just didn't like me. Then after a few years someone posted about a 17 tooth CP, how it shaved differently. Lo and behold, it did!
Subtly closer shave than the 1912 of a few days ago.

Razor - GEM Clog Pruf
Blade - GEM PTFE SS
Brush - TGN badger
Soap - DRH Arlington
View attachment 106032

Then after a few years someone posted about a 17 tooth CP, how it shaved differently. Lo
I can’t say I’ve ever heard of this before. I’ll have to check my collection and see what I have.

I can’t say I’ve ever heard of this before. I’ll have to check my collection and see what I have.

I should probably get another regular one to see if there really is a difference or if I just got better at shaving. Or I can just put my energy into finding my Gbar and Bullet tip.

Back