The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Blackland SE..... The Vector

Just a wonderful shave with the polished Vector. Extremely easy and a pure joy to use. Is it more effective than the machined version of the Vector? I really can’t say to be honest. I don’t remember feeling any drag or the razor being less smooth than the polished version. I would probably have to wait and do a side by side with both Vectors and see if there is a difference in face feel and shave quality. But, does it really matter? Not in the least I would think. Good prep and a good lather will help any razor glide smoothly across ones face. In the end, only a head to head face off will give a definite answer.

In the meantime, I can make do with the polished Vector any day of the week. Twice on Sunday if I could.... ;)

C782799B-E813-4C4B-87BF-DA3E0123292F.jpeg

Just a wonderful shave with the polished Vector. Extremely easy and a pure joy to use. Is it more effective than the machined version of the Vector? I really can’t say to be honest. I don’t remember feeling any drag or the razor being less smooth than the polished version. I would probably have to wait and do a side by side with both Vectors and see if there is a difference in face feel and shave quality. But, does it really matter? Not in the least I would think. Good prep and a good lather will help any razor glide smoothly across ones face. In the end, only a head to head face off will give a definite answer.

In the meantime, I can make do with the polished Vector any day of the week. Twice on Sunday if I could.... ;)

View attachment 2922
She sure is pretty!

Thread Revival!!

I had this shaving Olympian quiet far to long. I had been on a spree of shaving with newly acquired DE’s both standard & adjustable (one prototype) that had my head spinning but, leaving me with a s**t eating grin after every shave. Today I wanted to change it up and wanted an SE shave and saw the Vector sitting there stoically just waiting for an opportunity to slice & dice some facial whiskers. It was on and it did not disappoint. Loaded up a fresh Pro Super and this American Samurai sliced and demolished 2 days of growth like a freshly forged Hatori Hanzu Steel (Kill Bill Vol.1) cutting through the Crazy 8’s gang. Magnificent tool that is designed for the utmost in cutting prowess, maneuverability, comfort and near perfect balance. Also, not a bad razor to look at either. LOVE this thing....

5054E21D-017E-4E14-B503-22910381331B.jpeg

I personally like the Feather Pros.... but they are the cheapest and only blade I’ve ever used. I know many really love the Schick Prolines. Love just never tried them.

Schick Proline here as well. I think during the pass all but one or two settled on them as well.

Use Feather Pros. They’re the cheapest and they work just fine for me so haven’t really explored other options.

Well the OC Vector was just introduced last weekend and I got the base plate since I already had a Vector.

DSC03433.JPG

Tonight I shaved with the OC plate. First of all, this OC plate was a little more refined than the RR Hawk OC plate. The teeth were shorter and closer together.

DSC03434.JPG

I found that the original SB plate paired well with my Kai Protouch blade, but this guarded blade did not make sense with an OC plate and so I switched to a well used Schick Proline blade. WTG pass had more blade feel than the SB plate, however when I adjusted the angle a little, the shave became exceptional. I could have gotten a DFS + with just the WTG pass and light touch up, but I continued with the ATG pass just to get to know the razor a little better. I ended up with a two pass BBS.

I think I need some time to compare both plates using a Proline blade.

Be interested to see more of your thoughts, I want to get the plate when they come back in stock

Be interested to see more of your thoughts, I want to get the plate when they come back in stock
They are still in stock. Blackland likes to order enough to last them a couple of months and both the Vector OC and just the OC plates are still available. If you are just hanging around waiting for my thoughts, I moved the SB Vector with the Proline blade up in my rotation to tomorrow night (when my OB usually come up in my rotation). (y)

They are still in stock. Blackland likes to order enough to last them a couple of months and both the Vector OC and just the OC plates are still available. If you are just hanging around waiting for my thoughts, I moved the SB Vector with the Proline blade up in my rotation to tomorrow night (when my OB usually come up in my rotation). (y)
They must have re-stocked when I was in on Friday they were out.. Thanks

Apparently, I'm late to the party w/ the Blackland Vector and Kai Captain Titan Mild blade (2). But, wow, it's perfect so far!! 2nd use, and I have no complaints. Appears that this could be a desert island purchase. :p

sotd.jpg

Okay, 3 days so far. It just keeps getting pleasanter and pleasanter!! :unsure: (Dr Borowiec, my junior level rhetoric and composition professor would be shocked!!)

sotd.jpg

Back