The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Blackland SE..... The Vector

You just can’t get a bad shave with this thing. Works with whatever blade you use, of course works better with some but, it just delivers a quality, comfortable and long lasting shave everytime. I LOVE this thing.....

Thanks to John, I’ve been enjoying the El Jefe the last couple of shaves. I’m finding, at least initially, it’s a little easy to forget your optimal angle while making strokes because of the wide window of cutting angles. I think it’s the roundedness of the cap that lends to this, even though it does help with smoothness.

Is the Vector similar or is the angle a little more acute?

I've shaved with a tight angle and more obtuse and there is actually a fairly wide margin with this razor. For me, personally, the Pro Super is the most efficient, but is not nearly as smooth as the Pro's. But even with the Pro Super's, it's very forgiving with some, but not a lot, of blade feel. I have yet to try this with a Pro Guard, but I would have to think that this would be the epitome of a thought-free shave with that or the Pro-Line's. With the Super's, it's just beyond that as the blade feel is just enough to keep you on your toes without losing any smoothness. If you're one that likes a lot of blade feel, then the Supers are the only way to go with this razor, IMHO.

Now I just need one of those razors to show up on a BST at 25% off

Shave #6 with the Pro Super but, with the Vector. Just an excellent feeling shave that was not as smooth feeling as with the Paradigm SE but, it was no way a harsh feeling shave. Just more blade feel while still feeling comfortable and great face feel. It’s just a different feeling shave with the Vector, more direct and in tune with the razor if that makes any sense. And NOTHING is as nimble as the Vector in terms of modern shaving SE’s. Easy to work anywhere on the face and corners of the mouth. Makes short work of my tough spots around the creases in my neck and Sir Adam.

It feels like this is running around my face......

But, it’s this beauty doing the work.....

How does it stack against the RX

Smoother, lighter and nearly as efficient is the Vector. The Rx is THE KING in my den with the Merkur Vision and Ikon Tech just behind it. It’s the only razor this side of a straight that I can do a 1 pass ATG plus a bit of touch ups and be BBS practically. The Vector has excellent blade feel just not as forward feeling as the Rx. But, the Vector is making a case to be in the top 3, that’s no BS......

I couldn’t resist and dropped the plastic on this beauty when it dropped this past Saturday..... Polished Vector just came in today.

Can’t say how it shaves yet as I’m in the month long Fixed 4 event for March at the “other” place but, I’m certainly looking forward to enjoying a shave from this piece in the near future.....

Back