The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Blackland SE..... The Vector

It is for sure a beautiful razor but the question is will i like it more than Kate (my Asylum RX)

Saw this as well...I'm interested in the price point and the actual specs (weight, length, etc..)...

Curious how the lack of mass in the head will affect the balance.

Saw this as well...I'm interested in the price point and the actual specs (weight, length, etc..)...

Curious how the lack of mass in the head will affect the balance.

In an earlier post, Shane said he expects it to be in the price range of the Blackbird more than the Dart meaning closer to $200 than $100. Very interesting looking razor, and I am sure there will be tons of fans, but for me, after going through a bunch of Feather AC type razors back when everyone was making them, I have come to realize that the Feather AC belonged in a DX or SS.

In an earlier post, Shane said he expects it to be in the price range of the Blackbird more than the Dart meaning closer to $200 than $100. Very interesting looking razor, and I am sure there will be tons of fans, but for me, after going through a bunch of Feather AC type razors back when everyone was making them, I have come to realize that the Feather AC belonged in a DX or SS.

Add the RX and my Bespoke Damascus shavette and I agree!

Add the RX and my Bespoke Damascus shavette and I agree!

I remember seeing the Bespoke. It was one of those like the Antiga Barbearia de Bairro shavette where it could take multiple blades but was made of Damascus steel. Was seriously considering it, but $300 was a bit much for me at that time. How does it shave? Does Damascus steel really make a difference for a blade holder?

I remember seeing the Bespoke. It was one of those like the Antiga Barbearia de Bairro shavette where it could take multiple blades but was made of Damascus steel. Was seriously considering it, but $300 was a bit much for me at that time. How does it shave? Does Damascus steel really make a difference for a blade holder?

Shaves wonderfully but unless you just want a really really cool looking shavette there are others that function just as well. Got mine on a deal and it was no where near 300$! (Less than half that) It was a older one he had made and had sitting that had not sold I assume. It was listed on their Insta or FB page at a special price and I jumped on it.

Still a few weeks to a month away but, I’m saving my pennies for this one. It’s very streamlined with a modern yet semi Art Deco kind of look. Am I impressed? Yeah, you could say that.....

How so? I have the Cobra, and I don’t see it.

First of all I'm envyous of you owning a Cobra and I don't. I had the chance to use one and fell in love. I would love to owe one!!

Second...I really am not sure. Just looking at the picture my first thought was the Cobra. Maybe it is the thin head and the funky handle. So many of the AC razors are bulky. If you are willing to give me your Cobra I could make a more informed comment.
1f609.png

First of all I'm envyous of you owning a Cobra and I don't. I had the chance to use one and fell in love. I would love to owe one!!

Man, I have contemplated selling it so many times. It’s so aggressive and I go back and forth between good shaves, and just OK shaves. But, it’s a Cobra, and I’m into snakes, so the collector in me won’t let it go.

Man, I have contemplated selling it so many times. It’s so aggressive and I go back and forth between good shaves, and just OK shaves. But, it’s a Cobra, and I’m into snakes, so the collector in me won’t let it go.

I loved my time with it when I had it. If you ever want to trade I have an extra British #15 set I could trade.
1f44c.png
1f44c.png
1f44c.png

Back