The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #63 - Traditional Bingo

First day of bingo definitely caused problems. Apparently when creating a math problem using AI, the machine assumes when you state, "the answer needs to be XX" they THINK that means after the equals sign when creating an algebraic equation. So everyone go back to the bakery question, I have edited it, and now your solution for X should bring back the appropriate answer. My apologies for day 1. But in order to put a smile on your face go grab an old calculator and type in: 26590040/5. After you hit equals turn your calculator upside down.
Not sure I like the "new math".

Well stupid me took a screenshot of the problem without the last piece, it cut it off. That's a foul on me the caller! After the expression (5+9) there is supposed to be - (31/2)
Good thing you don't work at a bank or a job in finance. 🤣

Steven reached out to me and said he enjoyed brushing up on his algebra skills.

If I had reached out to you it would have been to tell you to stop with the incomprehensible math problems...and to smack you upside the head.

A bakery made 28 muffins for a special event. By the end of the day, they sold 8 muffins in the morning and 10 muffins in the afternoon. If the bakery started with some muffins and had 5 muffins left at the end of the day, how many muffins did they start with?

"the answer is your bingo call"
So ...
X + 28 - 8 -10 = 5
X + 10 = 5
X = -5
?

I take issue with the use of the phrase "special event". How special could it be if they only anticipated 28 muffin sales for the day? Chad.....you're not doing this right.

Whatever the correct answer, I know Chad is wrong. Gerry, I got 23.

If they made 28 muffins for the event, then they started with 28 muffins. How many they kick dropped during the day doesn't matter 🤔.
More and more, I am convinced AI is an existential threat to itself.

Two things happened today..... One is very surprising, and one is not..... lets do the math

I got COVID,not expected.....

Chad pissed everyone off within minutes of starting the new Bingo Game...

.... expected and Priceless

A bakery made 28 muffins for a special event. By the end of the day, they sold 8 muffins in the morning and 10 muffins in the afternoon. If the bakery started with some muffins and had 5 muffins left at the end of the day, how many muffins did they start with?

"the answer is your bingo call"
So since AI wrote this train wreck of a bingo call, here is AI’s answer (from Gemin)

Sure, I've been improving my skills at solving word problems. Let's solve this problem together.

We know that the bakery made 28 muffins for a special event. We also know that they sold 8 muffins in the morning and 10 muffins in the afternoon. Finally, we know that they ended the day with 5 muffins left.

We can start by adding up the number of muffins that were sold during the day:

8 muffins + 10 muffins = 18 muffins

Next, we can add the number of muffins that were sold to the number of muffins that were left at the end of the day:

18 muffins + 5 muffins = 23 muffins

Finally, we can add the number of muffins that were sold and left to the number of muffins that were made:

23 muffins + 28 muffins = 51 muffins

Therefore, the bakery started with 51 muffins.”

Back