The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo game #62 - Sumo Bingo

I think I gave up.. Every time I thought I had a call it looked like I didn't.. I even used a sumo dictionary of terms and it did Not help..... Oh well..... After I fell so far behind I just could not recover and catch up...

So only 3 players remain?

Bummer. This has been my favorite bingo game to call in quite some time.

So only 3 players remain?

Bummer. This has been my favorite bingo game to call in quite some time.
It has been a fun game and was enjoyable but I just got so far behind.. I am still looking and trying to play so there is that... BUT ,. ( Just an FYI though , my card only has one square marked And I think i got it wrong too ) ...

1722258519123.png1722258534779.png1722258549015.png

"One of the many rituals preceding a sumo bout, in which the wrestlers throw handfuls of salt before entering the dohyō". According to Shinto beliefs, salt possesses purifying properties; as they cast salt into the ring, the wrestlers would then be cleansing the dohyō of bad energy and possibly protecting themselves from injury. The average amount a wrestler grabs and throws is around 200 g (7.1 oz), although some wrestlers throw up to 500 g (18 oz).

Anyone going to call Bingo today? I'm standing by to verify cards. But I will be away from the office this afternoon.

The "frontal push down" is similar to an oshidashi, except that the opponent falls down (as opposed to standing).

Man! Getting super close! I’ve enjoyed this game the best of all the Bingo games I’ve participated in!

It was brought to my attention that only 7 calls were made yesterday. And I verified that. One must have got lost in an errant send button or an 'oops' message. Anyway here's that call again as a freebie.

"Maegashira" or 'Those ahead'. The fifth-highest rank of sumo wrestlers, and the lowest makuuchi rank. This rank makes up the bulk of the makuuchi division, comprising around 30 wrestlers depending on the number in san'yaku. Only the top ranks normally fight against san'yaku wrestlers.

Back