The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #59: Wedding Bingo

So, before I go into food- which will be alot.... on the topic of trashy- How much DIY is too much DIY?
So, I hate single use items- I recycle everything. So, looking at decorations, what a waste are centerpieces? The only thing I love that doesnt seem wasteful are using old books as decorations and pages paper flowers (which could be use for the bouquet or boutonniere)

Has anyone seen any good DIY or Horrible DIY projects?

So, no one has any horror DIY weddings stories? I thought with the uprise in pintrest and instagram someone would have a horribly executed wedding theme that was anything but classy....

well, this is not exactly a DIY disaster, but we did plan our own wedding and I know Sharon has talked about Hawaii. The one flaw in our plan is the day before we got married we decided to go on a snorkeling trip all day being from Arizona, where the sun is the hottest on the planet i figured it was not a big deal to go out shirtless and go snorkeling all day.

I was warned by the guide that I should probably put a shirt on and some sunscreen of which I said hey I’m from Arizona,

Needless to say, both of us got extremely sunburned me to the point where I was blistering on my blisters.

So the next day comes and we have to put on our wedding outfit which in my case was a pair of linen slacks, and a silk Hawaiian shirt, and one day I’ll be able to show the film if I get a transferred that shows both of us blood red walking through a Hawaiian garden But we’re actually shuffling because it hurt so much to even walk

The hotel paid for a wonderful four course meal at a five star restaurant. We were both so sick that we couldn’t eat not to mention when we got back to our room at the hotel. I slept on the lanai and we couldn’t get with each other‘s space for days.

Oh the memory. Lol

I actually should’ve gone to the hospital

well, this is not exactly a DIY disaster, but we did plan our own wedding and I know Sharon has talked about Hawaii. The one flaw in our plan is the day before we got married we decided to go on a snorkeling trip all day being from Arizona, where the sun is the hottest on the planet i figured it was not a big deal to go out shirtless and go snorkeling all day.

I was warned by the guide that I should probably put a shirt on and some sunscreen of which I said hey I’m from Arizona,

Needless to say, both of us got extremely sunburned me to the point where I was blistering on my blisters.

So the next day comes and we have to put on our wedding outfit which in my case was a pair of linen slacks, and a silk Hawaiian shirt, and one day I’ll be able to show the film if I get a transferred that shows both of us blood red walking through a Hawaiian garden But we’re actually shuffling because it hurt so much to even walk

The hotel paid for a wonderful four course meal at a five star restaurant. We were both so sick that we couldn’t eat not to mention when we got back to our room at the hotel. I slept on the lanai and we couldn’t get with each other‘s space for days.

Oh the memory. Lol

I actually should’ve gone to the hospital
I am sorry that you had a rough time and got burned...The sun off the water will make you burn extremely quick. Growing up how I did there were times I had to be really careful due to the sun and water because I could go almost anywhere and Not worry about getting burned but when I went to our pool in Florida or to the beach I got absolutely Burned !! One time I got so badly burned that my grandmother ( my mom's mom ) had to actually slip me a mickey to get me so wasted that I completely forgot about being sunburned , and I was only about 10 or maybe 12 at that time...

Your lack of contribution to this thread has resulted in a lack of calls..... Amber needs BANTER!!!!

So the biggest DIY issue I’ve seen at a wedding is not having someone who coordinates the whole thing. If nobody is keeping an eye on the timeline, then you get problems. For example, as a guest I waited for over an hour at the ceremony for the bride and groom to just show up from their respective places where they were getting ready because both bridal parties had lost track of time and were running late. We basically got 5 minutes of the cocktail hour they had paid for before needing to move on to dinner because the reception venue wasn’t going to alter their event timeline. However, their party was a great one and totally worth the wait!

DIY... now with all the smart phones, asking everyone to share pics they take back to you instead of paying for a photographer for a day. Just gotta be happy with whatever you get. 😏

Back