The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bill TV

You compared that move to your scraping away of material. Don’t forget @BarberDave has had his skin hardened by living in the 3rd level of hell, I mean Arizona, for years.

Also, what’s that picture hanging on the wall?
Theory was that a burnishing off of the high spots (hair) was occurring without further disruption of skin.

Oh, ah, it looks like an old faded picture of some mountainous place that was put there to replace something I actually liked.
I’ll bring your comment up….it could motivate a change, unless FedEx has to deliver it.

Hey hey hey! Don’t be getting me in trouble. Twas not a comment but only a question.
How could you be in trouble for assisting me eliminate something that really bothered me? But now that you mentioned it, I dislike it even more.

And now that I’m thinking about it, I’m trying to share positive things about shaving and all my fans can think about is that ugly picture.

🥺

I’m heading for the liquor storage center for a pickleback shot in mini red Solo cups. Just for therapy mind you.

Straight SOTD, French Razor, MWF, Strops

nice stuff Bill and Thanks and as to your question the answer is no problemo I have Full, Full Bellied, and other hollows with both soft and hard Steel and flat blading works as the touch is super light and wont roll, Will do a Thiers- Issard shave this weekend for you to show.. Thanks for the shout outs!

The edge on my China Wonder ZY430 had to see the stones again. I noticed that steel comes off relatively easy on this and some Gold Dollars I have though.

German tools I work with come back with the stropping I illustrated.

DE Shavettes seem to tolerate it well.

I have a 6/8 TI Evide Sonnant Extra that I want to do some isolated extended practice with. Hard stuff steel.

The resultant face feel of the technique rocks it in my world. Definitely needs user focusing though, I almost caught myself making an owie in an instant of sloppiness recently. I still need more experience to consider this one mastered.

The edge on my China Wonder ZY430 had to see the stones again. I noticed that steel comes off relatively easy on this and some Gold Dollars I have though.

German tools I work with come back with the stropping I illustrated.

DE Shavettes seem to tolerate it well.

I have a 6/8 TI Evide Sonnant Extra that I want to do some isolated extended practice with. Hard stuff steel.

The resultant face feel of the technique rocks it in my world. Definitely needs user focusing though, I almost caught myself making an owie in an instant of sloppiness recently. I still need more experience to consider this one mastered.

IMHO. We never “master” a technique when it comes to straight razor shaving just keep learning

Oh man, am I going to hear about it again. One of these days I’ll learn how to pronunciate “shay-vette”.

Back