The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BBQ/Grill/Smoker/etc. Cooks

Ohhh I didn’t know you had special little things to hold the coals to each side. I thought you just pushed them over there. That guy we had on our show never mentioned that. :unsure:
Was not enough time to talk about all my secrets. 😉

We will have some slices for dinner tonight and the leftovers will be run through the food processor with some onion and celery, then some mayo added for delicious turkey salad sandwiches for lunch this week.

This was a quick cook today...from prep to removing from grill = 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Used only course ground Himalayan sea salt and course ground pepper for seasoning. Added a small handful of Peach wood chips to the charcoal.
IMG_20231001_122836407_HDR.jpg

I didn’t know anyone chose to eat Turkey outside of Thanksgiving…what is this interesting phenomenon 🤔
The whole boneless turkey breasts are reasonably priced and are an easy, fast cook, and you can season them a ton of different ways. They can be injected with any number of things. You can add a rub or sauce and make them savory (like thanksgiving), sweet bbq, teriyaki, hot sauce, etc. Turkey is fairly neutral so you really can do a lot of different things to it.

Ohhh I didn’t know you had special little things to hold the coals to each side. I thought you just pushed them over there. That guy we had on our show never mentioned that. :unsure:
You don't need the charcoal baskets, you can just push the coals to each side, the baskets just make it a little easier.

I usually do mine for 45 minutes to 1 hour using pellets. If you use wood chips I suspect you would be fine in the 30 - 45 minute range, but I have never tried it with wood chips.
So I was a little off with the 3+ hours I did huh?

Ok @Fenster B Dave and I agree these need to be more smoky. Next time use a little Laphroaig in your yolk mix and get back to us.

Back