The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BBQ/Grill/Smoker/etc. Cooks

I also did some salmon sous vide last night for the wife and some friends. Too much scrambling around to take an after shot, but I did get one prior to the bath. Just some olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon (zested and slices). Forty minutes at 123* followed by a quick sear in cast iron—it’s come out perfect four times in a row. Foolproof as far as I’m concerned. Highly recommend it.
View attachment 14453
Noice! Going to do salmon and sea bass tonight

I think I saw the results in the eating thread—better luck with the seafood?
Yes sir. All cooked well. I need to find a better way to season or maybe marinade the salmon.

Another bachelor night and another incredible steak. Prime ribeye. The sous vide is the gift that keeps on giving. Honestly, every steak lately has been “the best steak I’ve ever had.” I do not say this lightly. If you’re at all on the fence about this method of cooking, come on over! The water is warm, if you will 😉

F6D39D3F-B8D3-4E69-9444-89156EA9870F.jpeg

Last cook of the weekend—I made a quiche for dinner last night with sharp cheddar, kale, shiitake mushrooms and onions. I’ve started working on pastry dough as a pet-project of sorts and I’m getting better with more practice (duh). I blind baked the dough prior to adding the custard/filling and it stayed flaky and crisp. Pretty neat. Not overly difficult, but time consuming!

3AFB6A19-CC51-48DD-8F6C-9297F7D6A797.jpeg

I don't care what @Dave in KY says about @uacowboy, @JWS VII makes a pretty good wife too!
Aww shucks... thanks big guy :ROFLMAO:

happy snow white GIF by Disney

Back