The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Quite a nice transformation for that gent and a great show.

Questions:

What are the differences in the use of clippers, shears, and razors (shapers) in cutting hair?

How is a barbers hot foam different from a soap or cream that one uses at home?

Are 3 pass shaves taught in barbering school?

Thx.
Thanks Bill:
What are the differences in the use of clippers, shears, and razors (shapers) in cutting hair?

Traditionally the clippers are used for the foundation of the cut, unless the style would benefit to clippers only ie: fades, buzz, flat tops etc. once the foundation is completed then a “clipper over comb” technique is used to remove bulk and taper up, then shears to blend, then thinning/texturizing to thin if needed, further blending adding layers

It is a liquid natural tallow cream that is mixed with water and a small amount of cleaning liquid( for the machine). And coconut oil. It is thick like shaving cream until heated in the machine to 175 degrees becoming a slick cream

Straight shaves are taught, however very basic WTG and specific steps, and mostly with shavette. Not to the extent I give my clients

Thanks

"Clipper over comb" to thin your hair? Someone needs to tell that to my hair, because it's thinning even without me doing that!

Quite a nice transformation for that gent and a great show.

Questions:

Thx.
Good questions.

Thank you for explaining the talcum application. I’ve ordered the Clubman and I’ll be using it on my home shaves. I’ve selected a floppy VP Leon Hardy 30mm brush that should work nicely. Also thanks for the compliment of my videos. Nice to hear.

Rush Limbaugh used to say years ago, all people who eat carrots will die. These weak causality or proximity arguments are nothing more than money grabs, IMO, of course.

Sure sure, gotta mention the stand again huh?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Back