The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Hey, she’s not camera shy, get her on there!

Your first reading of their philosophy made me think of that line “I smell sex and candy”. Coffee scent!?! I’m down with that one. Though I wonder the same thing as was said with the chocolate; would I enjoy it but everyone else would just think I spilled coffee on myself?

Maybe you should just put Laphroaig in an atomizer? Hmmmm…

Ironically I have a set of scent samples that just got shipped yesterday. So new video soon!

Those sound really awesome - I think (just from what you describe ) - I would like everyone but Smoke. Though when you mentioned Copenhagen - I immediately though well I would finally have something to match the Grooming Dept’s Angel which I bought strictly for the label - when you sniff it I immediately thought wow - Copenhagen.

That was a great review! And definitely Malt is @NurseDave during “What are you drinking tonight?” And Awake is him with his fandangled coffee brewers in the AM.

Believe it or not - that Haze with it’s spearmint note intrigues me as well - and of course the malt!

Hey, she’s not camera shy, get her on there!

Your first reading of their philosophy made me think of that line “I smell sex and candy”. Coffee scent!?! I’m down with that one. Though I wonder the same thing as was said with the chocolate; would I enjoy it but everyone else would just think I spilled coffee on myself?

Maybe you should just put Laphroaig in an atomizer? Hmmmm…

Ironically I have a set of scent samples that just got shipped yesterday. So new video soon!
Make you a deal l, have your wife come on camera for the scents, then Sharon will LOL

Weed.... Haze Isn't that obvious?

These didn't sound good to me at all. Seems like you'd be better off saving $150 and just putting coffee, scotch, chocolate, or copenhagen on your skin! LOL

Thanks for the shout out Dave. You have massively improved the Feng Shui of your shave den. :)
Now I have to go check out that Awake stuff. Grrr.
Edit dang $160 smackaroonies... Fluffy's gonna stay asleep apparently.

Last edited:
Thanks for the shout out Dave. You have massively improved the Feng Shui of your shave den. :)
Now I have to go check out that Awake stuff. Grrr.
Edit dang $160 smackaroonies... Fluffy's gonna stay asleep apparently.
Get the sample kit, all of the scents $32.00

Back