The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

BTW, I thought I was clicking on the barber pole, but I ended up at Frisky Sandi’s Topless Dancing and Chiropractic. Maybe you used the wrong pole icon?

A TSC Razor??? I'm sure I've seen it before..... but where can I get one? We really need more TSC branded stuff! (It's good for getting the name out there in SOTD photos in other places)

Last edited:
Today's Episode
"Top Pocket, Bobby Dazzler Shave"
Starring:
@NurseDave
@Bill M
@Scuttlesoap
@Majorrich
@Luecke3262

BarberDave, I am interested in your comment from video when honing on either Coticule or Arkansas, you hone till they squeak. When I hone on the Coticule I hone till the blade grabs and comes to a stop. This practice is taught by DrMatt. Is this the same thing as when you hone till squeaking? Next, on the Arkansas, are you looking for the same signal? I use baby oil on the Arkansas and I’ve never gotten any real feedback from an Arkansas because they are so hard. How do you achieve squeaking on an Arkansas?

Back