The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Essence Razor 1st impressions

Attributions: @NurseDave @Majorrich @Spider @Bill M

Very enjoyable video. The Tedalus now comes with a small rubber piece that fits over the portion of the handle that would come into contact with the blade. If your razor does not have that piece, you can email Tedalus and the owner will send you the piece to install. I look forward to the next five days of your usage.

Very enjoyable video. The Tedalus now comes with a small rubber piece that fits over the portion of the handle that would come into contact with the blade. If your razor does not have that piece, you can email Tedalus and the owner will send you the piece to install. I look forward to the next five days of your usage.
I will have to double check but I think it is on there, thanks

I think I want a Tedalus.
I do too!

Oops, I already got one. 😎

7ECC84D5-C3DE-42BE-8F20-0A0AD4ECD9AE.jpeg

I think the time stamp was June 20, 2021 2:07am Eastern, 7 minutes after it became available.

I had to set my alarm to make sure I captured the discount. Besides, it was Father’s Day.

FWIW, I like mine more than Dave likes his. Except…. he got that really cool stand. Ok, I want one!

Tedalus Day #3
Card Tags @NurseDave , @Majorrich , @Spider , @Bill M

I really enjoy the approach that you've taken towards reviewing this razor. Very unbiased and just trying it out for what it is.
I especially appreciate how the price tag wasn't made to be the main focus, as well.

I've received a lot of replies to my SOTD's elsewhere, with statements of 'too rich for my blood', 'Out of my price range' etc etc. Then you see Wolfmans, Declarations, Varlets and the like, in their SOTD's; not to mention the fact that many of us have an inexcusable amount of software that won't be fully used. 😄.

As you said in the video...worth every penny, imo.

EDIT: I'm 'S Mendez' in the YouTube replies.

Last edited:
I really enjoy the approach that you've taken towards reviewing this razor. Very unbiased and just trying it out for what it is.
I especially appreciate how the price tag wasn't made to be the main focus, as well.

I've received a lot of replies to my SOTD's elsewhere, with statements of 'too rich for my blood', 'Out of my price range' etc etc. Then you see Wolfmans, Declarations, Varlets and the like, in their SOTD's; not to mention the fact that many of us have an inexcusable amount of software that won't be fully used. 😄.

As you said in the video...worth every penny, imo.

EDIT: I'm 'S Mendez' in the YouTube replies.
Awesome thanks

Bowl lathering? That IS fun!! What?? You have to have MORE skill to bowl lather? Thank you.

Bowl lathering? That IS fun!! What?? You have to have MORE skill to bowl lather? Thank you.
uhh no..

giphy.gif

and...

giphy.gif

Back