The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Nice video Dave! I am super excited for the brush and thank you for the break in tips. When you load the brush with MWF, do you make a lather with it in a bowl or do you just load it and leave it alone? Also, what would you say is the best performing SV soap you have? I know Opuntia took the Titan crown, but I also recall you saying that Desert Vetiver preformed really well too.

Nice video Dave! I am super excited for the brush and thank you for the break in tips. When you load the brush with MWF, do you make a lather with it in a bowl or do you just load it and leave it alone? Also, what would you say is the best performing SV soap you have? I know Opuntia took the Titan crown, but I also recall you saying that Desert Vetiver preformed really well too.
Thanks Pat I have done both, as long as you get a nice creamy lather and it is all through the brush you are good. As far as SV
Scent wise 70th
performance Opunitia / Desert Vet / Cubebe all really close but overall Opuntia

Very nice Dave! I think I’m gonna try your gel trick with mine when it arrives.

The Royall sounds great! I’ve been thoroughly enjoying the Muske, Vetiver, and Rugby samples Chris sent me.

Very nice Dave! I think I’m gonna try your gel trick with mine when it arrives.

The Royall sounds great! I’ve been thoroughly enjoying the Muske, Vetiver, and Rugby samples Chris sent me.
Yeah I still need to get the Noir version the vetiver then I’ll have them all. And I think you’ll like the MWF treatment works really well

Nice shave Dave! I've got to hunt down some of that Mennen Talcum Powder. Happy Anniversary!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

An EDC that one uses as one might an aftershave... :unsure:

...heavenly! Nice one Dave!

-EDIT- OH! And happy anniversary!

Nice shave Dave! I've got to hunt down some of that Mennen Talcum Powder. Happy Anniversary!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
An EDC that one uses as one might an aftershave... :unsure:

...heavenly! Nice one Dave!

-EDIT- OH! And happy anniversary!
Nice shave Dave and congrats on the Anniversary!
Happy SAM-iversary, Babba Dabbid!!
Condolences to Sharon.
Thanks Fellas, 30 years and she still puts up with me, LOL

Great videos Dave! I am with you on wanting fall to arrive soon. I would like to break out the flannels and the darker scents on a regular basis!

Back