The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Dave, I just used the Muhle XL synthetic today for the first time. I have never been very fond of synthetics, I have a couple and use them once in a while and I am always underwhelmed by the performance. I started out with badgers then got a boar and those are what I always gravitate to. However, I really, REALLY like the brush you sent me. I did not know synthetics could feel like that. I actually looked the brush over really well after the shave to make sure it was actually a synthetic. Thanks again for sending it to me. The down side is now I will have to look for another one, are there other synth's that are similar to the Muhle XL?
Actually the cashmere knot is very nice, but none in my opinion exhibit the feel like the Muhle

Nice and easy shave, Dave. How come you have no Adam's Apple? Or perhaps mine is just overly large? Even when I raise my chin and 1/2-swallow, it's still prominent.

“I won’t pay that” says the guy with custom make grail straights. I haven’t used $200+ DEs, but I’d be shocked if one could out perform the 6S.

I'm back on the other video still. 1700 straight shaves? Mercy, that's a ton of stropping. And you're right, bingo is going well. Here ya go Dave! B5

Back