The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

10.03.2023 - Imaginarium Day #12 Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Tour
Otto Roth New LC
Doug Corn D7
CBL Soaps Chocolate Chip Shave Soap
Alum
Thayers Lavender
CBL Chocolate Greedy Aftershave
Talc

10.03.2023.jpg
Now that the mornings are a bit cooler, time to bring out some warmer Scents. Nothing better than a warm chocolate chip cookie followed by a Smore, and Milk Chocolate at the end. 3 passes of pure baking goodness and Carb Free!

(Video posted )

Blackland Vector
Sorrentino
MWF
Alum
Thayers lemon
Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods
Talc
Replica
IMG_3474.jpeg
a quick shave and smoky, boozy goodness for today. New Razor in the Vector. Smooth and efficient. Nice shave for the start of my week. Hoping the Osprey will be here soon. Excited to try it

Have a good Wednesday folks

Henson
SV2.0
SV Cubebe suds
Alum
CBL Litsea Cubeba With Hazel
SV Cubebe as
Talc
SV Cubebe Edp

IMG_3480.jpeg
A picture says a ton and in this case we know how the shave went. The only addition was the Witch Hazel by CBL and the glorious fragrance

A great start for the day. Hope yours is as well

OOPs Late Entry for this mornings shave

Fili 14
Sorrentino
B&M Seville
Alum
thayers Lemon
La Toja
Talc
Ferrari Radiant Bergamot

10.06.2023.jpg
nice Early Early morning shave today, as I had to be at the shop y 0600. Lovely Spanish inspired shave. Forgot I still had some the Seville Lying around Smooth with Sevilliana at the Helm for a 3-pass DSBBS Shave

Vector
Sorrentino
Fleur de France shave soap
Alum
Quinn’s
FdF aftershave
Talc
FdF edt

IMG_3553.jpeg
Very nice shave for my Friday. Looking forward to the weekend and zoom bingo. The Fleur dr France is a huge aquatic powerhouse, but typical with Seaforth provides just a wondeful Shaves. Grab the vector today cause I needed a quick shave to get out the door and all is well.

I was hoping that the Blackland Osprey would be in this weekend but unfortunately it’ll be probably Monday or Tuesday. Looking forward to trying that out and running it through its trials against the Gillette Fatboy.

Hope everybody has a great weekend and hope to see y’all for bingo and zooming on Sunday
Have a good day

Jerry Stark "Ferarri Concept" 7/8
Matt DeRuiter Carbon F1 / Synth
Boellis Panama Shave Soap
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Panama Daytona Aftershave spray
Talc
Penhaligon's Sports Car Club EdP

10.08.2023.jpeg
A very busy exciting day today... The D'Backs spanked the Dodgers last night, and as since the Boys in Blue claimed it would be 3 and out, it was a nice game at 11-2 as Kershaw could be seen crying in the Dugout. Lets just hope the D Back's can prevail. Also a Great Zoom-Bingo is today, plus working on Show Prep for mine and @NurseDave 's live show on Tuesday. All about my favorite subject... WATCHES.

Oh Yea, the shave. a Nice tribute to racing and the Night Formula 1 race that will be gracing the Streets of Las Vegas in November. So, of course, the Stark had to come out of the Paddock and be joined with the DeRuiter in a Race around the Face. A great 3-pass shave and followed with some Daytona, by Boellis, and Sports car club for the checkered flag.

A few more cigars today, and a fun Zoom Cal to be sure.

Have a Blessed Sunday Follks

I'm not sure where you heard that the dodgers said 3 and out.........I know that I haven't heard that. No one just gets handed the trophy. Might just be some of those D-backs fans trying to start nonsense.

I'm not sure where you heard that the dodgers said 3 and out.........I know that I haven't heard that. No one just gets handed the trophy. Might just be some of those D-backs fans trying to start nonsense.
We will see tonight Sparky

Tedalus
TSC/Sorrentino Annv Brush
B&M Saeryan Shave Soap
Alum
Thayers Cucumber
Proraso
Talc
Azzaro Wild Mint

10.09.2023.JPEG

Well Happy freaking Columbus Day. A day that screws up Barber Errand Day, and celebrates a rather less than desirable person ( just ask the Taino Indians) of Puerto Rico and most of the islands of the Carribean) But I guess I should be thankful he "helped" populate Puerto Rico as I am related to him sadly.. Anyway so with almost nothing to do today now , I guess a good shave was in order and all the items above provided that.

Have a good day Federal and Bank employees. LOL

(Video Posted)

We will see tonight Sparky
The diamond backs finished 16 games behind the Dodgers....and played only two days before they faced off the other night. The Dodgers have been resting...maybe too much. But that loss was on Kershaw. Old blow-it-in-the-playoffs showed up again.

The diamond backs finished 16 games behind the Dodgers....and played only two days before they faced off the other night. The Dodgers have been resting...maybe too much. But that loss was on Kershaw. Old blow-it-in-the-playoffs showed up again.
That’s 2 and back to the Valley of the Sun for game 3.

Tedalus (shop razor) / pro-guard
Hombres Synth
Hombres Dos Shave soap
Duke Cannon aftershave balm
Clubman talc
Hombres Dos aftershave

3064177A-C7F8-488E-AB1A-6EC7D15CA105.jpeg
Had to be at the shop at 0530 as the contractors were to show up to replace the Shop AC with a new mini-split. So it was planned to be a no shave day.

Once at the shop, frankly I felt grubby and would have been miserable without a shave. Well I have all the tools here so why not

The Hombres Dos Spaghetti Western is just fantastic, and matched with the Tedalus was a good shave in a familiar environment

Finished up with the Duke aftershave balm which is a nice cooling balm and the. Some clubman talc via neck duster and finished off with the Dos aftershave.

Well it is now 0715 and they still are not here. Not quite at a boiling point yet, in opening a batch of whoop-ass on the contractor, as I have to remember AZ is the home of the “manana attitude” sadly, but I have TV. a good shave, and feeling good..

Have a nice Tuesday folks.

Gotta love service window estimates. Up here, they are around 6 hours. Why don't they simply just say "sometime on Tuesday" instead of "between 10 and 4?"

10.11.2023 Flight test Day #1

Blackland Osprey on #1. / Persona lab Blue
TSC/SV LE / HMMW
SV Felce Aromatica shave soap
Alum
CBL Litsea Cubeba Witch Hazel
SV Felce Aromatica Aftershave
Talc
Penhaligon’s English Fern EdT

B88C6F4B-F3C5-4D3D-A2F0-78B799897FBC.jpeg
Testing begins with the Osprey today. Starting on the mild setting of #1. Using a brand new lab blue, it was comparable to the Feather ASD2 or Henson AL13M. On this setting

This is by far the nicest build as far as esthetics that Shane at Blackbird has designed. It is a heavy razor. Just a tad lighter than the Tradere. Balance point is superb. As to performance there is absolutely no blade feel at level one however a three pass shave proved to be very comfortable and efficient

To mild overall for me we will try setting 5 tomorrow followed by 7 and 9 leading up to the main review and video “dog fight” between the Osprey and the Gillette Fatboy beginning on Sunday

There is as was concern that due to the design that cleaning may become an issue with the brass insert. IMHO I found it rinses clean and if needed the insert can be taken out for cleaning or to lighten the razor.

Adjustments are super simple with just a light loosening of the handle and no issue with dry or wet hands.

1st impresssions are very nice. The rest of the shave based on products was fantastic. Hopefully they will finally finish up with my AC in the shop today

Have a great day folks

Back