The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

March 9, 2024
Darwin/persona
Sorrentino Coca-Cola
The cold one shave soap
CBL Litseas Cubeba WH
The cold, one aftershave
Talcum
Penhaligon elixir EdP
084E2047-C227-4D2C-B7B7-8252B6165951.jpeg
Crazy busy day at the shop. Just now getting a chance to post day number three with the Darwin and it just keeps getting better and better.

Thought I would switch up the soap today as tomorrow I will do a video with the complete Darwin set

The cold one is a Coca-Cola homage, lather well and has a wonderful wonderful fragrance. When looking for a EDT it’s tough because I don’t have too many that I’ve card them however, the Penhaligon’s elixir works very well.

Little bit of talc, and a good start to the day

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday

Darwin / Personna
Sorrentino Barzini
Darwin Shave Soap
@CBLSoaps Litsea Cubeba WH
Darwin Aftershave
Yardley Gold Talc
L’Occitan Cedrat EdT

72D91EC9-2215-4FA4-8A99-228D0669F511.jpeg
Day four with the Darwin and another fantastic shave the only change up today was with the Cedrat EdT

Porcelain DSBBS

(Video Posted)

Have a great day

03.11.2024- …..Still on Mountain Standard Time😁

Vorpal 11/16
Barzini
Williams Mug Shave Soap
Thayers Cucumber
Williams Aqua Velva Aftershave
Talc
AD479449-D100-4560-ACE8-C4724D57BB50.jpeg
Quick shave this morning as it is “Barber Errand Day”. So travels all over the city for “tings”, fuel, Indian food, shopping etc

This shave was at request of a viewer, and a nice DSBBS 3-pass shave

The vintage stuff always impresses and the “dressed up” Gold Dollar did a great job. I cherish this razor as it was gifted to me by @The Monkey , so many, many years ago and was the star of the Academy Award winning Movie “The Legend of TabacaVeg”

Have a great Monday folks

(Video Posted)

Watch a guy misquote a movie and misses 4 states that have been on pacific time while his state doesn't know if its pacific, mountain or thursday.

Watch a guy misquote a movie and misses 4 states that have been on pacific time while his state doesn't know if its pacific, mountain or thursday.
Did not mis quote, it was never a quote to begin with, watch the movie again , and we cannot help that the rest of the country is dumb enough to have DST… meh

I shall now go outside and enjoy a beverage in “real time”😜😜

Wilkinson Sword Shavette / Personna
Morris & Forndran / Sabini
Seaforth Black Watch Shave Soap / Aftershave / EdT
Talc

03.12.2024.jpeg

Stunt Shave Tuesday. I have been dreading this shave since I raised my hand to volunteer to shave with with SRINO ( Straight Razor in Name Only ). One that has proven it's murderous intentions on my buddy @NurseDave. Although Professional, not "Ultra Professional" as myself, we both have suffered the worse injuries at the Hand of "Shavettes" The abomination of the Razor World.

As long as I was very careful and focused on the Pitch and Yaw, I was able to keep that "Death Point" away from my tender, luxurious, silk like, baby skin. Engineering on this shavette, is akin to the Engineer having too many pints in the local pub, then drinking at a Brexit Game, and then up to Scotland for a few drams, and then deciding to go to the lab and Design a razor.

Taking my time and with some close calls, I was able to get to a very nice DSBBS shave with no injuries ( hence Ulta-Professiona; vs the "Professional" level of Young Padawan @NurseDave )..... I kid...I kid.... or do I?

Anyway the saving grace was of course the Seaforth black Watch. for me a winter scent, but used for one of my viewers today to show proper lather technique.

A scary shave for sure but a conquering one as well

(Video Posted )

Have a Great Tuesday!

Oh and @heysi furthermore....

El Jefe.jpg El Guapo.jpg
and

Case rested, never quoted, only made reference. You are dangerously close to losing your Tortilla Chip Allocation :ROFLMAO:

Forgive me, El Daveo. I know that I, Heysi, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

Forgive me, El Daveo. I know that I, Heysi, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?
Cute we wait for the German

Vector/Pro-Guard
Noble Otter Synth
Pannacrema Nuavia Nero Shave soap/ aftershave
Thayers Lavender
Clubman Talc
Penhaligon’s Endymion Concentre EdP

82AC2FAC-A74E-458C-BB9C-0D3CE36493DE.jpeg
It’s Monday! Ok Wednesday for the common folk. Back to the shop today for a week of hair removal and luxurious shaves and beard artistry. A few fades, buzz cuts, and a flattop or three, along with the standard gentlemen cuts.

Todays shave was bright, aquatic, and finished off with a wonderful Oriental frag

3-passes with the Vector and off to the races. I will need to try a pro-line blade someday, however don’t want to buy a bunch just in case I don’t like.

Anyway, again, a great DSBBS shave for the day

Enjoy your day!

It’s Monday! Ok Wednesday for the common folk.
Hang on....daylight saving time just happened...so going to the old calculator.....crunching the numbers.....applying all the necessary mathematical theories and calculations.......I believe you need to spring forward so today is..............sunday?

Hang on....daylight saving time just happened...so going to the old calculator.....crunching the numbers.....applying all the necessary mathematical theories and calculations.......I believe you need to spring forward so today is..............sunday?
…and using a codec…

29205-135

Blackbird Big T Little i
Fine c20
Fine Italian Citrus shave soap/aftershave
CBL Litsea Cubeba WH
Yardley Gold talc
Saponificio Varesino 70th Annv EdP
ACEE55DB-CA64-421F-8F25-C68C0B416F00.jpeg
Great shave this morning, and all Italian inspired. The phenom that is IC from Fine, the Blackbird, and the 70th!

Does not get much better and a great way to start the day

Cheers, and hope you have a good day!

Back