The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Damn.....I don't own anything that I thought was a limited edition collectors item. Now I'm worried that I haven't given it proper place of honor. What the heck did you give me?

Think white and red
Oh yeah......I'll have to get that out for a shave. Yes....I do have that. I just wasn't aware that it was limited edition collectors edition. It does have a fabulous soap in it that I really like. Sterling Sharp Dressed Man.

Darwin/ personna
Paladin chief
Floris Elite shave soap/aftershave/ edt
Thayers lemon
Talc

8BBF0B3F-61B5-4B31-9703-9B334A9F2B12.jpeg
A very nice early morning shave. Not a lot of deets just a great shave

Have a good day folks

March 23, 2024

Blackland, Osprey/persona
Paladin, Neptune, Cleo
Asylum Royal fougere aftershave
Penhaligon’s, English fern, shave soap, EDT
Penhaligon’s talc

B8E9805F-F4E9-4740-BCA1-B4A485D1B352.jpeg
My Friday, your Saturday and I hope your weekend is going well. Not much else to be said about this shave it’s just perfection in a fragrance.

Looking forward to the weekend. Hope everybody’s enjoying theirs , also very happy that the University of Arizona Wildcats are in the sweet 16

Have a good day folks

24 March 2024
TI / SV Galileo Galilei 6/8
SV Dolomiti Shave soap/ aftershave
SV faux Tortoise / HMMW

1A764D5E-E4B9-49A5-B482-75D3769327E5.jpeg
Nice shave on a cold, blustery and rain, sleet day. Our early to look at motorcoaches for our next adventures and some shopping to round out the day

Dolomiti is just good stuff, and Galileo showed his shave prowess

Video Posted

Hope everyone had a great day!

Gillette Aristocrat British #15 / Personna
Morris & Forndran / Sorrentino ( audbile called)
Floris No. 89 Shave Soap / Aftershave / EdT
Yardley Talc

03.25.2024.JPEG
Barber Errand Day!

(Video posted)

Thiers- Issard 5/8 la legende FH
Sorrentino Corleone
PdP #63 Shave Soap / Aftershave Balm / EdT
Yardley Talc

03.26.2024.JPEG
Welcome to the land of the "French Hard Milled Forever Soap" I dare....No Actually triple dog dare someone to 3017 this. I believe it cannot be done in this lifetime, not matter how much you dig into this concrete of a soap, No one knows Hard Milled like the French, and PdP #63 is not exception.

A wonderful fragrance at home in multi-climates, however I think is is best for winter, and early spring, but can be worn year round. I do think it could be a bit cloying in the heat of the summer. The aftershave balm is very thick and goes along way as well. Always great lather, and with the TI on removal duty, again we find ourselves in DSBBS territory.

Hope everyone is having a nice Tuesday

(Video posted)

Welcome to the land of the "French Hard Milled Forever Soap" I dare....No Actually triple dog dare someone to 3017 this. I believe it cannot be done in this lifetime, not matter how much you dig into this concrete of a soap,
I have two PDP Bergamot & Thyme pucks, but no #63. Once I am done with my current tube of Musgo, I will tackle one .... just for you. 😘

Blackland Tradere
Teton synth
WCS Soloist suds/aftershave
Talc
Replica Jazz Club EdT

E4A3B2D4-35CE-445E-B98F-8F1439F28E11.jpeg
Very nice pre-dawn shave with Soloist. Boozy a bit smoky and all Jazz

The Tradere was a perfect choice to wipe the whiskers and sleep off the mug. 3-passes DSBBS and with the replica, a strong cup of French Dark Roast, and the Grand Seiko Spring Drive Soko, a perfect start to the day, it does not get much better

Have a great day!

The Tradere was a perfect choice to wipe the whiskers and sleep off the mug. 3-passes DSBBS and with the replica, a strong cup of French Dark Roast, and the Grand Seiko Spring Drive Soko, a perfect start to the day, it does not get much better
Very nice!!

giphy-downsized.gif

Blackland Vector
Paladin Chief
Paladin Natchez Trace shave soap
Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods aftershave
Clubman talc
Goodfellows #6 EdT
345708DD-D93A-4E6F-8CEB-EB471DB300BA.jpeg
Very nice shave today, the Natchez Trace sadly is no longer made with bay pine and cedar. It’s a nice spicy, bright, woody, shave soap.

The vector got the call up today and I think it’s about time to change that blade. Still even with the blade fading off it was an absolute wonderful shave.
Finished off with the whiskey woods by Club and reserve, and the cedar and geranium of Goodfellows number six

Nice way to start a Friday. Hope you have a great day.

Back