The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

11.24.2022 -Happy Thanksgiving!
777SR Day #6 - JP Alcamisi 6/8
11.24.2022.JPEG

1st and foremost HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all the members, without you this place don't exist. and I Thank you for your continued patronage. I hope you and your families have a great Thanksgiving and time with friends and family.

Shave Deets:

The Alcamisi surprised me today and is right there in the running for the contest/giveaway ( more on that in PIF section tomorrow. The SV is performing as expected, however not being a 3017'er I find myself getting a bit bored and am looking forward to some other product. As mentioned in today's video, and although we are doing a giveaway, this is only the prelims on the way to the top SR in the Den. the next 777SR will take place between Xmas and New Years and then the rest off camera until we are down to the top 7 in a shootout for the best.

Good DSBBS shave today.

KONA FILES: This is our 1st Thanksgiving at the casa with Kona, as last year we spent with @CVargo and @mvargo so Kona and Bailey were romping all day in utah. So he was up early with me investigating and ensuring that all the TG prep was going to plan. He pranced around the kitchen knowing he will be getting a plate come dinner time

(Video posted )'
Again, warmest wishes from @AvocadoQueen and myself for a wonderful Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Thanks for stopping by

Last edited:
11.25.2022 777SR Final Day

CV Heljestrand 4/8

11.25.2022.jpg
Final Day of the SR Challenge (prelim) and giveaway. Deets on the giveaway manana in the PIF section.

This was a funny shave as the razor was a bit tuggy on the 2nd pass, but in the end it turned out to be the closest. smoothest shave of the week. hmmmm Will this have an effect on the final standings who knows. The actual shave was not that fun but the results were DSBBS.

All other items were per norms, however I am very excited to use other stuff. I am DEFINITELY NOT a 3017'er too boring, LOL

(Video Posted)

* hope you all had a wonderful Turkey day

Thanks for stopping by

Blackland Vector / Feather Pro-Guard (1)
Morris & Forndran / Sabini Badger
Floris No. 89 shave soap / Aftershave / EdT
Alum
Quinn's Lavender
Clubman Talc

11.26.2022.JPEG
Finally a different product. There is no way whatsoever I could ever do 3017. I barely made it 7-days, and was bored. Life is too short for same old same old IMHO. Today's shave was very nice resulting in DSBBS and I do believe Floris to be one of the best products over an entire product line, and certainly the best as English companies go. Not inexpensive, nor a huge depth in product line, but well worth it.

A new blade in the Vector today and results were as expected. Details on the new giveaway in the PIF section are in the video. Good luck to those who enter.

(Video posted)

KONA is still on Holiday with lounging on our bed most of the day, with a occasional doggie bone, romp around the yard, and a piece of Turkey.... He has the Life.

Have a Good Day, and thanks for stopping by

From all us 3017ers...
giphy.gif

Koraat "Ice Dragon 6/8 FBH Damascus
Koraat "Ice Dragon Brush /HMMW
Seaforth Fleur de France Shave Soap / Aftershave / EDT
Nivea 2 in 1
Alum
Clubman Talc

11.27.2022.JPEG
A glorious Sunday Shave with the Dragon. This one will rank in the Top three for the entire year. I must say also that this is probably my favorite offering from Dennis at Spearhead. Definitely the strongest as far as SOS for sure.

3-passes today with the edge converted to convex on the balsa, however it was deathly sharp already, but this did smooth it out a bit. All in all a great start to a Sunday putting up Christmas lights on the ranch.

Hope you have a Blessed Sunday Folks

(Video posted)

Koraat "Ice Dragon 6/8 FBH Damascus
Koraat "Ice Dragon Brush /HMMW
Seaforth Fleur de France Shave Soap / Aftershave / EDT
Nivea 2 in 1
Alum
Clubman Talc

View attachment 99041
A glorious Sunday Shave with the Dragon. This one will rank in the Top three for the entire year. I must say also that this is probably my favorite offering from Dennis at Spearhead. Definitely the strongest as far as SOS for sure.

3-passes today with the edge converted to convex on the balsa, however it was deathly sharp already, but this did smooth it out a bit. All in all a great start to a Sunday putting up Christmas lights on the ranch.

Hope you have a Blessed Sunday Folks

(Video posted)
What does this mean please...
"Definitely the strongest as far as SOS for sure."
If I may ask you that... And sorry for not knowing and thank you in advance if you choose to reply..

Jerry Stark 7/8 Kamisori
Sorrentino PIC / Tuxedo
The Holy Black Bamboo Shave Soap / Aftershave
Alum
Quinn's Cucumber Mint

11.29.2022.jpg
Very nice Japanese inspired shave today with the Kami. This is a Western Grind (Symmetrical) and now ran across the Convex strop. Provided a tremendous shave. Like them or not, THB puts out a great product and this one ranks up among their best. so all in all a great end to vacation and back to the world of cutting hair and shaving for a few weeks before the Christmas Break.

(Video Posted )

Have a Great Day folks

Back