The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

CV Heljestrand MK31
Shavemac Colonia 1
TSC Clown Puke
Alum
Quinn's Cucumber Mint
Reuzel Aftershave
Talc
Penhaligon's Savoy Steam EdC
11.13.2022.JPEG

How I wish I could sleep in. Long ago are the days when an alarm has been needed ( Thank you United States Air Force ). So 0430 awake and just lied there for about an hour, "Ok this is a waste" and up. The house was super quiet with Sharon splattered on the couch, asleep, Ruger on top of her wrapped in the blanket, asleep, Maui, on the Cat tree, asleep, and your friend and mine "El Doggo" on the love seat curled up.... and asleep while his $100.00 Temperpedic dog bed lay empty. So I checked some e mails, the Cadre, did the dishes, finished folding my barber towels, did some more laundry, and of course a Latte, an Americano, and on to other things. Still only 6:45 and the sounds of the sleep orchestra of Feline, Human, and Canine continued.... That was until Kona, and his Bionic hearing heard me open the refridgerator. Instant awake, a tail wag, a request for treats, and once finished, since he was so tired from the journey from the Den to the Kitchen, back to sleep.

Finished the other Laundry, Towels and cleaned up the kitchen...okay 0800. Showered and to the Den for A Trip to Holland, A Swedish Maiden, Clown Puke, and a British Bath house..... All before 10:00 am WOOHOO.

Fantastic 3 -pass DSBBS-G10 shave today. Even though a conglomeration of a shave, it all aworked perfectly. Video Edited and posted, another cup of coffee, and my Clan MacLachlan Family shirt from last weeks Scottish Highland Games and Festival, and ready to go detail the Vette, and get ready for today's Zoom Call.

The beginnings of a busy 3-day weekend before going back to the shop for 3-days, and then VACATION for 11-days over the Holiday

(VIDEO POSTED)

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your day!

Jos. Elliot BSS (Ca. 1860 )
GrayDog Tucson ( Amack G5C)
CFG Ghost Town Barber Soap / Aftershave / EdP
Talc
Alum
Quinn's PGOR

11.14.2022.jpg

Nice smooth shave pre-dawn today. Much like yesterday all quiet in the house. Did a review of the G5C knot from Amack for @Mike Shults on my video today. "Barber Errand Day" today but a pickup is the exciting part that hopefully I will show later in the "whats new to you"

All the furbabies are good and El Doggo is just perfect

Haave a good Day

(Video posted )

Blackland Tradere/ Personna
Sorrentino Corleone
Penhaligon’s Bayolea Shave Soap
Penhaligon’s Bayolea aftershave
Penhaligon’s Bayolea EdT
Alum
Quinn’s Lavender
Pinaud Talc

45B5CD5B-8169-4707-867C-A40F4E960315.jpeg
Zombie shave today. Was up late with a great Zoom call and a watch party for NASA’s Artemis 1 launch. Most folks got pie eyed and hit the sack, but NASA and the space program have such a place in my heart, and with having met all but one Mercury/Gemini/ Apollo astronauts and even being a barber to two of them made this launch extra special. Musk will get us further and farther ensured, however NASA is the GOAT! So it was early am when she lifted off the pad, but all the memories of Apollo, watching with my dad, and the thought of us going back flooded back iI am am sure @heysi was right there with me.

Anyway 3 passes today very smooth, and very sad that Bayolea is no longer made. It was one of their best. The Tradere is just awesome and very intuitive on less that 3 hrs sleep. Feel rotten, smell good, and running on a 6-shot espresso latte, so it is pinball time. Just a 3-day week today and then off for the holiday. A good start to my work week!

Have a good day folks

You're darn tootin' I was right there with ya. It was a thing of beauty. And kudos to the Red Team for going out and fixing a fully loaded rocket with the countdown clock held at T-10 minutes. That's some brass ones those boys have. I'm sure the rest of the Cape are calling them Steely-Eyed Missile Men this morning.

17 Nov 2022
Otto Roth New LC / Personna
Matt DeRuiter Mesquite Turquoise / Boar
Hombres Barbershop shave soap / Aftershave
Alum
Quinn’s PGOR
Talc
Duke Cannon Randolph EdT
6A274D29-F744-47FC-A401-DA37B457E8EF.jpeg
Another nice pre-dawn shave with the signature stuff. Gotta say Chris and I came up with a winner that really captures the old west. Sorry, once it is gone, it will be gone. However Hombres Dos Spaghetti Western is in the works.

The New gave a nice 3 pass shave for DSBBS. Kona remained comatose on the couch this morning, but did go out for a few minutes to die his duty before coming back in and becoming a doggie blanket burrito.

One more day! Then Vacation. Woohoo

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

18 November 2022
Weber PH Classic / Personna
SV 2.0 Tortoise / HMMW
SV Felce Aromatica shave soap / Aftershave
Alum
Quinn’s Cucumber Mint
Penhaligon’s English Fern Talc
Penhaligon’s Sports Car Club EdP

BAFA12D7-7D97-48A5-AAC4-B96DA0E8B160.jpeg
It’s Friday….. I mean my actual Friday! Looking so forward to some time off, lots of ranch projects, but sadly we won’t be joining the Vargo’s (@CVargo , @mvargo ) for the holidays as we have family unexpectedly traveling to Tucson

Anyway a good amalgamation shave today with two fern heavyweights. Swept clean with the Weber. All in all a great shave for the end of the week.
Kona, was up and on early with a dawn patrol and a couple of cookies before joining @AvocadoQueen in some more slumber on the bed. It was a gorgeous sunrise today on the way to the shop

Have a good day folks and thanks for stopping by

777 SR Contest & Giveaway Day #1

CV Heljestrand No. 4R
TSC/SV LE Brush / HMMW
Saponificio Varesino 70th Annv. Soap / Aftershave / EdP
Alum
Quinn's Cucumber Mint
Proraso Talc

It Begins. Day one of the Preliminary rounds of the 7 days / 7 Straight Razors / 7 Videos. With the number of SR's the prelims will take awhile but by virtue of RNG. These were the 1st 7 picked

777 sr 11.19.2022.jpg
The CVH #4R starts off the shaves and it was wonderful. This was the 1st time I shave with it. A Dilucot, followed by a Diluark finish and then laps on the Convex Balsa.

11.19.2022.jpg

All but the razor will be the same and we will see how this ends up for Round #1

Have a Nice Day and thanks for stopping by

(Video Posted)

777SR contest givewaway Day #2

Filarmonica 13 Doble Temple
TSC SV LE 2.0 / HMMW
SV 70th Soap / AS / EdP
Alum
Quinn's Cucumber Mint
Talc

11.20.2022.jpg

Dia Dos. Deets in the video, but a great shave with the Fili.

( Video posted)

Have a blessed Sunday Folks

777 SR Challenge & Giveaway Day #3

BRW Ghost Jade 5/8
TSC / SV 2.0 LE -HMMW
SV 70th Suds / AS / EdP
Alum
Talc
Quinns CM

11.21.2022.JPEG
Day # 3 of the Challenge and BRW got the call up. I have never had the best luck with this razor on overall shave quality, however I ran it across the Convex Balsa today provided by @Bill M and it brightened the razor up and provided a real nice shave. The 70th from SV @Antonio P is still working perfectly, although getting a bit thin in content. After the sample program I will need to restock at some point. I hope everyone is till enjoying the samples provided.

KONA actually came into the Den and layed down for the shave today, surprisingly, until I discovered, when I got my coffee early I had also grabbed a biscotti and a cookie to give to him, and had not done so. Once realized I gave him the cookie, he snorted and went back to bed as if to say "Watch you shave???? ya right, give me the cookie, or face the wrath of ACME. Thanks now I go back to bed...Knock yourself out shaving" Raised his tail and disappeared. HO HUM, as is the life at the Ranch LOL

(Video Posted)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

777SR Day #4 CV Helejstrand MK*32

11.22.2022.JPEG
Same stuff different knife, and the infamous Queen. A few were concerned that since I slip seated her for Day #3 that she would exact revenge, but alas she understood it was a clerical error and we were all good. 3 passes today that the challenge is running real close for this preliminary round.

Hope you all have a nice day, and thanks for stopping by

(Video Posted )

Back