The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

5 November 2022
Brut…..
7E15A509-FDF1-4717-8293-EEE7CD1481FB.jpeg
Those that know or follow, have an idea that my dad loved Brut. His birthday was yesterday, and in an ironic twist @AvocadoQueen ’s father had the same exact date and year 1930 of his birthday as well. Although a day later. The next two shaves will be in honor of their spirit.
Today using a boar brush, his super speed, and Mama Bear’s Brute shave soap gave this a very nostalgic feel, and rememberance of what the house smelled like in the am when I was a kid. Perfect DSBBS shave today, and finished off with English Fern Talc, some Quinn’s Lavender, and of course Brut Special Reserve Cologne. Not quite the original Faberge, but very close

So here is to you dad happy 92nd

Have a good day folks

Quick shave no photo
Cremo shave stick
Gillette new LC
Aqua Velva sport

Teaching Shaving at a Barber expo today so it I was up and out early today and only two passes

Had about 150 participants in the straight shaving classes today and a good expo. Tired and getting caught up

Thanks for stopping by

Quick shave no photo
Cremo shave stick
Gillette new LC
Aqua Velva sport

Teaching Shaving at a Barber expo today so it I was up and out early today and only two passes

Had about 150 participants in the straight shaving classes today and a good expo. Tired and getting caught up

Thanks for stopping by
That Deets dude is gonna be pissed when he sees this.

Quick shave no photo
Cremo shave stick
Gillette new LC
Aqua Velva sport

Thanks for stopping by
What an honor! Carrying on and passing along the tradition!

What razor did you use for the demo?

Quick shave no photo
Cremo shave stick
Gillette new LC
Aqua Velva sport

Thanks for stopping by
That's pretty sweet! You know they all left saying "That old guy really knew what he was talking about"

What an honor! Carrying on and passing along the tradition!

What razor did you use for the demo?
I used a number of them through out the day and with different folks but here was the lineup

Ralf Aust 5/8
Tedalus
Feather DX
and a WB 8/8 FBU to scare the hell out of them LOL

Wanted to show them the differences in both removable, and regular Straights, honing Stropping and the subtle nuances in the approach to using these razors on clients and the work a regular straight razor requires in a barbershop setting with edge maintenance so much more and after each shave multiple times a day

Somewhere, all over Tucson (I had to fight with my phone to make it stay the correct spelling....stupid autocorrect...or in this case auto-incorrect) there are men shaving this morning who feel silly blowing out their cheeks like that guy showed them yesterday.

StarDate 100452.01

Jerry Stark Viking 6/8 Damascus
Paladin Neptune Cleo / Badger
Arran Machrie Shave Soap / Aftershave / EdT
Alum
Quinn's Lavender
Clubman Talc
Akro Malt EdP

111.08.2022.jpg
Very nice Shave today, as the Viking always delivers. The Arran Combo is just perfect, salty, briny, smoky, and boozy. Topped off with a small but of Akro Malt and a perfect my Sunday start.

(Video Posted )

Have a great day!

10 Nov 2022
Gillette Super Adjustable / Personna
Blackland Blackbird Brush / Synth
Seaforth Black Watch shave soap, Aftershave, EdT
Quinn’s Lavender
Alum
Talc
6787C0F7-DDE6-4015-B0F3-53E47C5C45EC.jpeg
Good shave for a cool foggy day ( yes fog in AZ ). This is a perfect scent for a day like this. Performance is as expected and using the Super Adjustable brings back fond memories Finished up with Alum, Quinn’s Lavender, and the Edt. All set for a busy day at the shop

Thanks for stopping by

Veteran’s Day shave
Blackland Vector- FPG
Fine C20 Synth
CBL Hello suds
Alum
Quinn’s PGOR
Omega Aquae after shave serum
Royal Mandarin
Talc
Boellis Panama Daytona EdP

1E1E06A5-2770-4613-9E38-BA84BA6B75A4.jpeg
No deets just a great shave combo before heading to the shop

Have a nice day

Gillette #15 Crat/Personna
Morris & Forndran
P&B Spitfire Shave soap
Alum
Quinn’s Lavender
British Sterling aftershave
Talc
British Sterling Edc

8197B110-3A8B-4B57-A018-8D654D674BA9.jpeg
It’s Friday! Great early dawn patrol shave. The Crat delivered and all the nostalgia of this shave made it a nice DSBBS Shave

Looking forward to these days off
Have a nice day folks

Back