The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

06.28.2022 @GearNoir commented on in Video which will be posted shortly
06.28.2022.jpg
not really a necessary shave today, however I dont want to miss a day so a quick Vector shave today with Orange, Orange, and more Orange. A citrusy Palooza for @Scuttlesoap . Good shave all around and ultra smooth for the day

The KONA FILES:
In his "Wile E" way he decided to take a nap on the bed today, but wanted to ambush. So, he decided to hide underneath the covers with just a small amount of nose sticking out to alert him when I approached. One factor he did not account for was his size and the mound of covers he created, nor the fact I was already in the closet waiting to ambush him muahahahahaha. The pandemonium of teeth, claws and bitiness ensued, followed by a spaz of spinnies, and romps through the house, with a swipe at the cat along the way. Fun Times with "El Doggo

Thanks for stopping By

06.28.2022 @GearNoir commented on in Video which will be posted shortly
View attachment 87194
not really a necessary shave today, however I dont want to miss a day so a quick Vector shave today with Orange, Orange, and more Orange. A citrusy Palooza for @Scuttlesoap . Good shave all around and ultra smooth for the day

The KONA FILES:
In his "Wile E" way he decided to take a nap on the bed today, but wanted to ambush. So, he decided to hide underneath the covers with just a small amount of nose sticking out to alert him when I approached. One factor he did not account for was his size and the mound of covers he created, nor the fact I was already in the closet waiting to ambush him muahahahahaha. The pandemonium of teeth, claws and bitiness ensued, followed by a spaz of spinnies, and romps through the house, with a swipe at the cat along the way. Fun Times with "El Doggo

Thanks for stopping By
I am Scuttlesoap and I approve this shave.

Final June Shave

Blackland Blackbird TI / Wizamet
Matt DeRuiter Purple Neon /Amack Synth
A&E "Which One is Pink" Shave Soap / Aftershave
Proraso Alum
Thayers Lavender
GFT Eucris Edt
Talc

06.30.2022.jpg

Pink-Floyd-Animals-Columbia-Album-Photo.jpg

Not a better soap that captures Pink Floyd and the Album "Animals" Industrial, Smokey and a bit odd. Typical of A&E a great performer and a bit strange in the scent realm and fits perfectly with Eucris. There is alot going on here with pink pepper, pink grapefruit, bergamot, & tangerine blend into a heart of coriander, lavender, cinnamon, pink rose, myrrh, black currant, and berries. But this scent still isn’t done. A base of sandalwood, Haitian vetiver, amber, patchouli, musk, and vanilla provide a pleasing, powdery finish.

3 passes with the Blackbird and a great shave to finish off the month.

THE KONA FILES:
Like the lyrics of the above album, and the Song "Dogs"...

You got to be crazy, gotta have a real need, got to sleep on your toes, and when you're on the street, got to be able to pick out the easy meat with your eyes closed
Then moving in silently down wind and out of sight, you got to strike when the moment is right, without thinking

This is Kona "El Doggo" in a nutshell when it comes to him and "Treats" Today was no exception and he was able to score 3 pieces of Duck Jerky, some chicken Jerky, and all before 6:30 am. He definitely picked out the "easy meat"

Thanks for stopping by

Skin toner and more importantly both alum and WH are repair and restorative for your skin. Alum or Potassium Alumate is a natural occurring salt and shaving rips the moisture and abrasives the skin. So these repair and restore, and the talc prevents oiliness. So there are causative reasons for the use of these products in having good healthy skin

Well......I may have to get me some of that there wh. I'll have to wait and see which one you start promoting......gotta show loyalty to the proper brand.

Skin toner and more importantly both alum and WH are repair and restorative for your skin. Alum or Potassium Alumate is a natural occurring salt and shaving rips the moisture and abrasives the skin. So these repair and restore, and the talc prevents oiliness. So there are causative reasons for the use of these products in having good healthy skin
You forgot the most important part. It's yet one more thing you get to do during the shave!

Back