The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

05.23.2022 SR Shave #...Alot

J. Lindy Gold Dollar Mod 13/16
Matt DeRuiter Persian
A&E Which One's Pink Shave Soap / Aftershave
Akro Haze EdP

05.23.2022.jpg

Interesting shave today as some hippee took my place ( see the video for explanation ). A bit of a tingle on the shave due to the Cinnamon and Rose, but not too bad

Video Posted

Blackland Vector / pro-guard
Graydog Keyhole / Synth
TDS Evergreen Juniper Shave Soap
Nivea 2 in 1 aftershave
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling Edt

05.24.2022.jpg

Well, was hoping that my Pen's order would be here today, but alas they use Fed-Ex so it could be in Bali. Amazing how two items from Connecticut arrived 3 days ago, and the Pen's from New York is still in the ether, LOL. Today was very nice, from a sample that @Luecke3262 sent me from Belarus. A blast of Evergreen and underlying Juniper was perfect! Juniper is right in the wheelhouse, and paired perfectly with the Juniper Sling. Aquanaut was feeling a bit left out so we took him for a ride today with the Nivea. The Vector with a new pro-guard got the call up for a quick and easy shave for DSBBS

THE KONA FILES:
Things have been good for "El Doggo". He has been keeping a low profile lately, however is also being stealthy. He has gotten into breaking into the Chicken and Duck paddock and stealing eggs. He has also become quite adept to opening the screen door. He does not quite have the strength for the sliding door...... yet. Anyway he decided to knock on the door the other night to come in and very gently place a duck egg he absconded with on the deck, as if to say " over easy please, and don't break the yoke. The Adventures of Kona continue.

Thanks for stopping by and Video posted soon

NEW Stuff! - Asian Themed

Great shave today with.....

5/8 Barber Pride Full Hollow
Paladin PK 47 in Jade
A&E Asian Pear Shave Soap / Aftershave
Proraso Alum
and a ......... Racing stripe

View attachment 83797

Video Posting Soon A MUST WATCH TODAY!:ROFLMAO:
I think that razor may have had Ken’s @Maryland998 patented Shogun edge. If so, I believe he finishes on a Black Ark.

Blackland Vector / pro-guard
Graydog Keyhole / Synth
TDS Evergreen Juniper Shave Soap
Nivea 2 in 1 aftershave
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling Edt

View attachment 84002

Well, was hoping that my Pen's order would be here today, but alas they use Fed-Ex so it could be in Bali. Amazing how two items from Connecticut arrived 3 days ago, and the Pen's from New York is still in the ether, LOL. Today was very nice, from a sample that @Luecke3262 sent me from Belarus. A blast of Evergreen and underlying Juniper was perfect! Juniper is right in the wheelhouse, and paired perfectly with the Juniper Sling. Aquanaut was feeling a bit left out so we took him for a ride today with the Nivea. The Vector with a new pro-guard got the call up for a quick and easy shave for DSBBS

THE KONA FILES:
Things have been good for "El Doggo". He has been keeping a low profile lately, however is also being stealthy. He has gotten into breaking into the Chicken and Duck paddock and stealing eggs. He has also become quite adept to opening the screen door. He does not quite have the strength for the sliding door...... yet. Anyway he decided to knock on the door the other night to come in and very gently place a duck egg he absconded with on the deck, as if to say " over easy please, and don't break the yoke. The Adventures of Kona continue.

Thanks for stopping by and Video posted soon
pens you say? would be intrested in seeing what ya got. Did you get some fountain pens?

Well I guess I should update this…. Been a pretty good shave week so far, all days with the Tedalus

F6711499-4F83-4118-BDAE-77A7267352A6.jpeg
9AD47AB5-88FB-4F0C-8AF7-1F16B1FE01D7.jpeg
91FB2AA1-EF95-44B5-A9AF-9C9AE341C45F.jpeg
All 3 pass shaves, DSBBS. Pretty hard not to with the Essence. I will go out on a limb, I could shave with this razor only forever and never get bored, not that I will, but I could

For those interested, Kona is doing well and gives his TSC family his greetings
24D1127E-E533-49AD-BB78-6DA6A3FCCC07.jpeg
Hope all are doing well and thanks for stopping by

Great Shave day with a Floris Elite nice, citrusy, and just a beautiful British shave. I probably need to shave with a different razor, because if I continue with the essence I may never go back to anything else

Kona was up early today and we have a new critter in the yard a full-fledged big bushy tailed squirrel and as such, and as smart as they are the games I am sure will begin, much in the vein of the coyote and road runner except this time will be Kona and the squirrel.

Hope you have a wonderful Saturday and thanks for stopping by11789FE8-35EE-4513-89E7-537E296C6D07.jpeg

06.26.2022 SR Shave today close to 3000 SR shaves

Filarmonica 12 (5/8)
Sorrentino Barzini GID / Cashmere Knot
Saponificio Varesino Stella Aplina
Shave Soap / Aftershave
Proraso Alum
***** Lavender WH
Bleu de Chanel EdP

06.26.2022.jpg
I have been remiss in updating my journal as of late. I have been reading yours however and thought it might be a good time to update mine. All of the shaves have been good as per the SOTD section of our great site, but not much in the way of a narrative. Other than a removal of skin tissue last week, most shaves have been stellar, but also par for the course. Today was a very good shave with the Fili, followed by some hyginx on my video and the announcment of the winner. ( Video posted so please watch to congratulate the winner)

Zoom Call this afternoon with a cast of famosos so it should be good. a 3 pass DSBBS shave today followed by the goodness that is BdC.

THE KONA FILES:
El Doggo is doing is norm, but also has enlisted the two feline overlords in his plot to eat every treat, beg for every meal, and cause havoc to the yard. Again last night he broke into the duck cage and brought an egg to the back door, unharmed. We cooked that egg for him, and his plan of dominance and specific food ordering has begun... . ( sigh)

Thanks for stopping by

06.27.2022 Night Shave

06.27.2022.jpg

Sample shave last evening. the TDS from @Luecke3262 was nice. the fragrance is wonderful, but the overall performance was lacking in slickness a bit. I am NOT a bowl latherer, so that may have been part of the problem, so we will keep testing. The "Wraith" is acting perfectly and with 7 shaves on the Pro-guard we shall see. I may stretch this blade out as far as I can. I dont have to wear a tie anymore, and my neckle area is not as sensitive as our "creampuff" @NurseDave 's is. the mark of a truly professional shaver is a tough neckle.

Anyway all went as planned.

THE KONA FILES:
El Doggo, was a bit confused last night as he was not sure what I was doing shaving at 8:30 pm and he had to consult his ACME Treat Manual as to what adjustments he had to make to ensure the normal treat distribution. As I was getting a dram of Scotch post shave, he decided the best course of action was to trip me in the kitchen to ensure he got his jerky. after a few expletives, he may a bee-line for the sliding glass door enlisted the help of @AvocadoQueen to let him out to enjoy his treat out on the patio, and begin his night time patrol of the yard. In looking for him I saw the glint of his "Wolf Eyes" in the back of the yard, as he charged me. I guess he figured that is he pretended to be a wolf I would fold and give him another piece of jerky. WHO does he think I am?

...... Yes I gave his another one or five..... Darn Dog!

Thanks for stopping by

Hey Dave, have you found any type of blade to perform better/worse than any others in the Tedalus? I recently used the Feather pro-soft with guard and thought the shaves were very forgiving but the blade tugged or caught my skin on occasion like the edge wasn't as sharp as it should be. The pro-soft blades are supposed to be a little shorter so the blade exposure is less, and with the guard on it they are supposed to present a "softer" feel. I then slipped in a feather-pro in and immediately felt less "safe" as the blade was much more aggressive. I don't know if this means the feather pre-soft really ARE 'softer' or if it means the pro blades or indeed more aggressive some how. So which blade(S) have you found to be the most comfortable?

Hey Dave, have you found any type of blade to perform better/worse than any others in the Tedalus? I recently used the Feather pro-soft with guard and thought the shaves were very forgiving but the blade tugged or caught my skin on occasion like the edge wasn't as sharp as it should be. The pro-soft blades are supposed to be a little shorter so the blade exposure is less, and with the guard on it they are supposed to present a "softer" feel. I then slipped in a feather-pro in and immediately felt less "safe" as the blade was much more aggressive. I don't know if this means the feather pre-soft really ARE 'softer' or if it means the pro blades or indeed more aggressive some how. So which blade(S) have you found to be the most comfortable?
I have not tried anything else in that. I have some pro's and Pro Supers at the shop, but the proguards work so good that I have not changed. I have never heard of the pro-softs. i am sold on the proguards, I guess because they work so well on my face and a huge variety of folks at the shop. I only keep the Pro's and Pro supers around for those gents that have Wire for beards and huge follicle density

Back