The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

03.14.2022 SR Shave #2127
BRW 5/8
PK-47 / Badger
Floris Elite - Soap /AS / EdT
Proraso Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Talc

03.14.2022.jpg

Errand day today so a nice shave and Video ( soon posted). Getting warmer so more of the Citrusy scents and this is a "Top Pocket Find" IMHO the best English Soap, AS, and frags. Sorry Penhaligon's, when you bailed on the good stuff you lost. nice 3 pass shave for DSBBS.

KONA FILES: He is off his Sabbatical and back to his normal antics, although he pushed the limits today, in deciding he was "El Doggo Indestructible" and it was time to play with Ruger. So tail wagging, but up in the air, play bark, and growl, and his defensive spin method. All for not, as Ruger quietly stepped up and left hook, right hook, jab, jab and head butt, and it was over., then they layed down together for a shared Duck Treat. Ahh the lives of Cats and Perros.

Have a nice day folks

06B01B4F-4F25-437D-B22B-FDF8769E2720.jpeg

Pretty good shave today. It’s my Monday so was excited back to the shop. Have not used SV in a bit and it was a nice change. 70th on all accounts. The Vector as expected was perfect with a new pro-guard

KONA FILES: “El Doggo” decided to be lazy this morning and barely got up for his “tail wag, goodbye daddy” treat.

Have a nice day folks

03172022 SR Shave #2129

479AE71A-65F4-441C-9DCF-360DDE226D7B.jpeg
Up early today so a nice relaxed shave with the wraith and lime. All green for Sr. Patrick’s day and the Essence continues to impress. Great shave today.

KONA FILES:
He was spry and ready for duty before dawn today. With his night vision goggles and hearing ready to go the early morning patrol began. Back in a bit for treats and a nap on our bed. His tough day begins LOL

Have a nice day folks

03.20.2022 -SR shave #2130
Koraat 6/8 Ice Dragon Damascus FBH
Koraat Ice Dragon Brush / HMMW
SV Stella Alpina Shave Soap / Aftershave
Nivea 2 in 1 Aftershave
Proraso Alum / Thayers Lavender / Talc
WSP Matterhorn EdP

03.20.2022.jpg

Nice relaxed shave in the AM, all good products and the razor performed as it always does, flawlessly a extra aftershave component today
Video Posted

THE KONA FILES:
"El Doggo" was in god form yesterday and patrolled both the inner back yard and the outer ranch perimeter with the keen eye of a chicken. He ensured all the critters were in their place and heeded to his rule ( in other words, they waited for him to pass by and snuck behind his back.) A relatively new critter has his attention, and has begun to drive him nuts. it is Spring, and... Yes the Texas Round Tail Squirrel. See EXAMPLE A

1647875288480.png

Small in stature, but fast, and the mentality of a meercat. They tag teamed Kona yesterday, and he finally gave up, came over to me where I was detailing the car, and plopped down in disgust. I told him there will be plenty of days to chase these guys and not to get frustrated, LOL

Hope you had a good Sunday

03.21.2022 -SR shave #2131
Essence by Tedalus "The Wraith" / Feather Pro-guard (1)
Sorrentino "pillars of Creation" / Synth
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap
Aqua Velva Sport Aftershave
Proraso Alum / Thayers Lemon / Talc
YSL rive gauche pour homme Edt

03.21.2022.jpg

Early morning shave today, and as always Monday is "errand day" Old school stuff today and a new blade in "The Wraith" made for a good DSBBS finish. Some AV sport in a Vintage AV Bottle (courtesy of @Luecke3262 a few years ago), and followed with the RGPH for the perfect barbershop fragrance and finish. ( Video will post today)

THE KONA FILES:

Of course since I washed and detailed the car it rained most of the evening and overnight, I will be spending some time today getting it back in this shape, and hopefully we wont see rain again till July, LOL Thank God for Meguiar's Car products, LOL.

Targa 1.jpg
It was chilly this morning so "El Doggo" went out for a little bit, ran by the car,stopped, looked and appeared to have these looks on his face, as if to say..... Well... WOW!, look at your car, that was a complete waste of time...

IMG_5666.jpgIMG_5665.jpgIMG_5668.jpg

Insert Mutley Laugh HERE:

Have a Great Monday!

03.22.2022 DE Shave

03.22.2022.jpg
Errand day Part Deux, LOL. Good quick shave today with the IC and Tradere. Good stuff all the way around.

KONA FILES:
He was up early and the Commandant took care of his release into the wild, as I was able to sleep in today ( 0630 ) woohoo! reports are:
5 scared doves
2 quail that realized they could fly higher than expected
2 rabbits gone
5 Round Tail Squirrels in audience but retreated to burrow
4 ducks and 2 chicken that really did not pay attention to "El Doggo"

Thanks for watching

03.22.2022 DE Shave

View attachment 78570
Errand day Part Deux, LOL. Good quick shave today with the IC and Tradere. Good stuff all the way around.

KONA FILES:
He was up early and the Commandant took care of his release into the wild, as I was able to sleep in today ( 0630 ) woohoo! reports are:
5 scared doves
2 quail that realized they could fly higher than expected
2 rabbits gone
5 Round Tail Squirrels in audience but retreated to burrow
4 ducks and 2 chicken that really did not pay attention to "El Doggo"

Thanks for watching
I have some questions......

First, is that a shave bowl and if so...where can I get one?

Second, how heavy is that handle and how long is it?

I have some questions......

First, is that a shave bowl and if so...where can I get one?

Second, how heavy is that handle and how long is it?
Thanks Steven:
The entire razor is 118.5 grams. but well balanced. I do not know if Blackland sells just the handle. I dont think so. As to the bowl container. They have long since been unobtanium and no longer made. I found only one in stick at a retail shop linked below. I did not check e bay, however. I do have them all and will be willing to part with one if you cannot find one. It would be in white however, and could bring it to Vegas. Let me know

Back