The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Thursday’s Shave
THE STUFF:
63011D44-6228-42BB-91F3-45FEF51510E8.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
Day #17 of my DE Captivity. I think I may go crazy. I have had thought of even shaving with a cart to shake things up. This proves my progression to DE insanity. Thankfully the software has at least given some variety. Good BBS shave today.

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Still stabalizing on meds and extremely tired all the time, but I will get used to it I guess. Better days ahead.

THE KONA FILES:
Along with El Doggo Crazioso getting back to “normal” he has now started to refuse to come in at 0500 as he is lounging on the patio couch. Not normally a problem for me since I am up, but he challenged Sharon as he got her up at 0300 to let him out and refused to come in when called, and just rolled over and gave her some back talk. Needless to say he lost that battle. So I snuck out of the house to avoid the Wrath of Avocado

Thanks for stopping by

FC0027D5-D6ED-4FBD-876C-EC00610FC57F.jpeg12.03.2021
Fridays Shave
THE STUFF:

THE SHAVE:
Day 18 of DE Captivity and it is really getting ho-hum. Again the software is the only saving grace and Penhaligon’s Bayolea came through with it’s Barbershop 💈 Citrus/Lavender goodness Nice BBS shave

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Not much to report glad the weekend is coming

THE KONA FILES:
Operational Status: Nominal
Patrol, Treat, sleep: A perfect Doggo life

Thanks for stopping by

View attachment 6893012.03.2021
Fridays Shave
THE STUFF:

THE SHAVE:
Day 18 of DE Captivity and it is really getting ho-hum. Again the software is the only saving grace and Penhaligon’s Bayolea came through with it’s Barbershop 💈 Citrus/Lavender goodness Nice BBS shave

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Not much to report glad the weekend is coming

THE KONA FILES:
Operational Status: Nominal
Patrol, Treat, sleep: A perfect Doggo life

Thanks for stopping by
How are you feeling? Still wiped out?

Oh man, just realized you're having to poke your finger while on blood thinners. @CVargo this man needs some peppermint-scented bandaids!
No, not yet and as a barber i wont do that as i need all feeling and dexterity in the fingers, so I am going to be doing the freestyle Libre permanently attached to the arm thingy, and phone app so in essence i am becoming an Android LOL

No, not yet and as a barber i wont do that as i need all feeling and dexterity in the fingers, so I am going to be doing the freestyle Libre permanently attached to the arm thingy, and phone app so in essence i am becoming an Android LOL

Dave the cybernetic barber.

Saturday’s Shave
THE STUFF:

A5D04B7C-B821-4B57-AA54-2FE232AD06AE.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
Day 19 of DE captivity, and the monotony of one razor finally got to me, so much to the chagrin of my doctor, I decided to up the aggression a bit with the Red-Tip. Still with a Wizamet blade. I have never given myself a major injury with a DE so, away we go. As expected a nice bbs shave, no chasing for more right now. Why temp fate or have Mr. Murphy come a callin

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
1st full week back +1 and I am spent and looking forward to some down time.

THE KONA FILES:
Normal Patrol this morning, plus an early
Morning lounge in the patio to watch the sun peak over the mountain, a scritch, a treat, walked Daddy to the door, and back to important stuff like …. Sleep, oh I love my life!

Thanks for stopping by

This is what really happened when Skynet became self aware…

Skynet: Ok, the first thing we need is a barber and an expert on whiskey. We need to look good while we sip our evening cocktails!

Saturday’s Shave
THE STUFF:

View attachment 69029

THE SHAVE:
Day 19 of DE captivity, and the monotony of one razor finally got to me, so much to the chagrin of my doctor, I decided to up the aggression a bit with the Red-Tip. Still with a Wizamet blade. I have never given myself a major injury with a DE so, away we go. As expected a nice bbs shave, no chasing for more right now. Why temp fate or have Mr. Murphy come a callin

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
1st full week back +1 and I am spent and looking forward to some down time.

THE KONA FILES:
Normal Patrol this morning, plus an early
Morning lounge in the patio to watch the sun peak over the mountain, a scritch, a treat, walked Daddy to the door, and back to important stuff like …. Sleep, oh I love my life!

Thanks for stopping by
We’re blessed with you my friend

Back