The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

The Shave

B098EC23-628F-4ECD-A2B3-F373BE702A69.jpeg

I will NEVER be a minimalist or 3017’er this week has been so boring as shaves go same ol same

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Great trip so far @CVargo and @mvargo ’s family are great wonderful hospitality and the FOOD oh the food! Leg and dvt seem ok so far

THE KONA FILES:
He has made some new fur friends in Bailey, Hazel, and Calypso and loves being pampered, as he has adopted the bed as his command central

EB02029E-C994-4721-ACA8-E5F6B0972FC8.jpeg
Hope everyone had a Great Thanksgiving!

Monday's Shave

THE STUFF:
11.29.2021.jpg

THE SHAVE:
Still bored to death with the razor, but at least I could tank the travel kit begin back home. Nice BBS shave today, wtith a bit of a mix of Fine Italian Citrus and some AdP, with a bit of Thayers Lemon for good measure.

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Had a fantastic Thanksgiving with Vargo family for Thanksgiving, temps were cold but very nice, and the hospitality given by @CVargo and @mvargo was amazing. We really felt like family, and this was a much needed trip. Always good to be home, and the cats were a bit less welcoming for a few minutes and then forgave us and all was a family again.

THE KONA FILES:
What a great traveler this doggo was! He got along great with the Vargo Fur family, and was a great passenger. He would pop up from his suite in the back of the truck every so often to check the scenery, or to ask for a treat, but mostly he just lounged. He loved the cooler weather and the Hotels. He got to meet some fellow travelers and smells from all over. He did take to the hotel beds as well, and now the floor (even though he has a temperpedic dog bed) will not due. IT is couches or beds. Apparently now he is an Aristocrat.

Good to be home.

Thanks for stopping by

Wednesday’s Shave
THE STUFF:

34F4F3AA-FC6D-49FA-94C2-B51C89DCF34B.jpeg

THE SHAVE:
Nice quick shave before the shop today with Thayers and Nivea to finish the shave and Hugo to top it off. The DE shaves are really getting boring, dont know if i will keep following the doctors order

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Well, DVT mgmt seems to be going well, and now my journey as a type-2 diabetic begins (thanks 2021 for more crap to pile on) so Metformin is the new regiment to add to the pill parade in the morning. Again, thanks 2021!

THE KONA FILES:
He finally is done being the diva dog and was up and Adam at 5 o’clock this morning Reading to do his perimeter check, and animal check. He is also back to his obligatory cookie negotiation before I leave in the morning so,
it’s nice to have Kona back on patrol

Thanks for stopping by

The stress of it all is beyond what a mere human should have to endure.

Can you imagine 100+ elite straight razors all in the bullpen all screaming for just one opportunity at stardom and your ball and chain is maybe the best DE for a desert island extended stay. Shesst, the burden to bear.

I’m completely incognito with my meds, and my shaving hobby (as far as the doctor goes anyhow). I figure if my charm can’t overwhelm them in the ER, the headlines would be stunning. “Man Risks Own Life and Survives While in Search of the Perfect Shave” buried later clean shaven to BBS from the “I told you so” pummeling.

Wednesday’s Shave
THE STUFF:

View attachment 68751

THE SHAVE:
Nice quick shave before the shop today with Thayers and Nivea to finish the shave and Hugo to top it off. The DE shaves are really getting boring, dont know if i will keep following the doctors order

OTHER RAMBLINGS:
Well, DVT mgmt seems to be going well, and now my journey as a type-2 diabetic begins (thanks 2021 for more crap to pile on) so Metformin is the new regiment to add to the pill parade in the morning. Again, thanks 2021!

THE KONA FILES:
He finally is done being the diva dog and was up and Adam at 5 o’clock this morning Reading to do his perimeter check, and animal check. He is also back to his obligatory cookie negotiation before I leave in the morning so,
it’s nice to have Kona back on patrol

Thanks for stopping by
Well dang. Glad recovery is going well…sorry more crap got piled in on top of it though. 😕

Momma and I were discussing your condition and she reminded me of a friend of ours who’s diabetes went out of control as she and her sister were quarreling with each other and her mothers nursing home. She was under significant duress and stress. This seemed to drive her blood sugar through the stratosphere. She went from met for in to needing insulin in a fairly short time. She is quite a bit older than we are, but the stress factor stuck out. Maybe you could try some special brownies to relieve the stress.

If it will help you to manage your diabetes, I can *ahem* "store" all your whisky so as to remove those sugary temptations. Can't take the bourbon though, no room.
Uhhh no i will manage somehow and sacrifice in other areas will not give up the cigars and libations may cut back, but refuse to stop living

Back