The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Today 7.8.2021

3yMEVeL.jpg

Wow Dave, it's easy to pick out a professional - you shave so fast. Sorry I missed the Sunday Zoom. I'll pay better attention to make sure I'm at the next.

7/13/21
Being without power (due to monsoons) makes for an interesting straight shave. Fortunately having photography as one of the many hobbies allows one to use a rechargeable light cube for shave den lighting, well sort of

todays stuff:
Klas Tornblom 4/8 rattler
Sorrentino Brushworks Luca Brasi
A&E Kaizen shave soap
Proraso alum/Thayers Cucumber
A&E Kaizen aftershave
Borotalco talc
Royall Mandarin APL

9921E121-33AD-4F9D-AF8F-7341BD884A86.jpeg
Overall a great dsbbs shave although a bit interesting playing with light and shadow for the shave.
To hot in the house as we are sitting at almost 20 hrs without power. So, sitting on the patio, with a mister, awaiting the next round of boomers. With a Harris Hawk Yaking and hunting overhead. With the hope we have power at some point tonight

Have a good evening folks

Last edited:
Getting Caught up
14 July 2021 SR Shave
CV Heljestrand #8
@Graydog Keyhole / Synth
PannaCrema Nuavia Verde Shave Soap
Proraso Alum / Thayers Cucumber / Borotalco Talc
Reuzel Aftershave Splash
ADG EdT

X5z91aJm.jpg
Very nice Shave today with one of the favorite set-ups. Finished a nice touch up on the Black and Trans Ark hones for a wonderful smooth edge. DSBBS for sure. Followed up with some "spa" time for the rest of the Swedes

bBR39BJm.jpg

Have a Great Day Gents​

15 July 2021

Johan Prtizlaff 5/8 Cactus
@Graydog "Tucson" Cholla / Maggard SHD Badger
@CBLSoap.com Hombres Barbershop Shave Soap
Proraso Alum / Thayers Cucumber
@CBLSoap.com Hombres Barbershop Apothecary Aftershave Tonic
Mennen Shave Talc
CFG Ghost Town Barber EdP

gNHCW3Am.jpg
Take CBL and your own signature shaving accoutrements, and you are set up for the darn near perfect shave. Couple that with a unique Cholla Cactus brush from your own property made by our very own @Graydog , a Straight Razor gifted by @Maryland998 with a Cactus name, and CFG's Ghost Town Barber and Nirvana ensues. With notes of Blood Orange, Desert Lime, Cucumber, Jalapeno, and Cilantro, we are just getting started. As your trip through AZ begins then your are transported to the Old West with Spurs ringing on the wooden boardwalks as you enter an "old tyme" Barbershop. Your olfactory is tickled now with Gun Powder, Gunsmoke, Russian Leather, Barber Chair Suede, Russian Thisle ( @CVargo tumbleweed ) Prickly Pear and Jasmine Sabac, as you sit down for a haircut and shave. You finish off stepping out ti the afternoon in AZ after a monsoon rain, hot and with the smells of Sun Baked Terra Cota, Cedarwood, and Patchouli. How else could a 3-pass shave be better...... it was glorious.

Finished off with the tonic, and CFG

Have a good day Gents

SR shave today.

JP Alcamisi 6/8
Fine C20 / Synthetic
Fine Italian Citrus Shave soap / Aftershave
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intenza Edp
Proraso Alum / Talc

A fine shave today. Sadly with all the great soaps, and my inventory, My Fine stock gets pushed to the back of the soap locker. Italian Citrus was the one that started it all for me in getting most of his products and is still a Colonia Classic. Today the JP Alcamisi got the call up for the all Italian shave and it did not disappoint. finally moving around a bit better and actually going out this evening for our normal Saturday pot luck, and Scotch/Rum/Tequila night with Dominoes. It should be nice after being layed up since late May, following all the isolation from 2020 and 2021

JfT6iF4l.jpg

Have a good day folks

07.18.2021:
Gillette Fatboy (7) / Nacet (3)
Rubberset 400-4 /TGN Finest
P&B Spitfire Shaving Soap
British Sterling Aftershave Splash
British Sterling Cologne
Proraso Talc

A quick Shave this morning Followed by my 1st long walk.... or should I say attempted long walk. Made it about 1/4 mile before legs were wobbly, incision was a bit burny and standing not so good. Maybe I will try the stationary bike next rather than getting stranded and having to call the Boss to come pick me up. Today I made it back, but barely, LOL. I digress....

Have not used the Spitfire in a bit but was a nice change-up. dusted off the Fatboy, as well as the Sterling. An atypical drug store brand, but nice just the same. Just enough British sophistication to not feel cheap and has pretty good silage as well. The Fatboy performed as expected on #7 and the Nacet has really smoothed out. A nice 3-pass shave for BBS.

0rP0jHul.jpg

Hope everyone had a Blessed Sunday, and thanks for looking in

Back