The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Anything that can go wrong... Will happen while I'm Shaving

Glad you liked the badger!
No need to dry bristles down. You can just set it upright like the rest of them.

Glad you liked the badger!
No need to dry bristles down. You can just set it upright like the rest of them.
Ahh, good to know.

Now if I want to leave it that way, for aesthetics... It's not going to harm it, right?

Now if I want to leave it that way, for aesthetics... It's not going to harm it, right?
Short term, no. Long term.... probably not.
I have some vintage boar brushes that were left in mugs, probably for decades... the the bristles are permanently curved and unusable. But I doubt you'd have that worry with your brush as it will get occasional use.

Short term, no. Long term.... probably not.
I have some vintage boar brushes that were left in mugs, probably for decades... the the bristles are permanently curved and unusable. But I doubt you'd have that worry with your brush as it will get occasional use.
Definitely... I imagine it will get used at least once every other week. I might even use it more often. It was a very good brush.

Thanks again @Spider

Tonight I swapped out the blade for a new Nacet, pulled out my still drying Old spice cream in the old spice mug and gave the Badger another go. Used the Ti-22, as usual. A great close shave was had (as usual).

I just can't get over how good this badger is. I'm loving the shave an I think I need to find another one or two to balance my collection. Curious if anyone has a recommendation for a cheaper brand that punches above the belt (let's say 22-24mm?)? If I can find a good brand that sells them for $30 or so, I can definitely justify adding some brushes.
86314a69dadc2004d93c3df81fbd8082.jpg

I like my Maggards 22mm 2 band, and you can get the one I have with the aluminum handle for about $25 iirc, or a 24mm in a more standard resin handle for around $30. People raved about the Stirling badger as well. I never managed to pull the trigger on one, but they were reasonably priced the last time I checked. Of course that was a couple years ago lol.

I like my Maggards 22mm 2 band, and you can get the one I have with the aluminum handle for about $25 iirc, or a 24mm in a more standard resin handle for around $30. People raved about the Stirling badger as well. I never managed to pull the trigger on one, but they were reasonably priced the last time I checked. Of course that was a couple years ago lol.
I saw the aluminum one. It has a nice sleek style. I might jump on that one then. Thanks!

Yeah I thought about that, as well as the size of the handle. So, I decided to hold off on that one for now. I may or may not have made a mistake, thought...

I just jumped on a WCS 24mm entry level pure badger brush because they are doing free shipping today. $20 and it had good reviews (which I take with a grain of salt).

Hoping I made a decent choice. Otherwise, I won't do that again. Definitely not a lot of money to gamble with, so no biggie.
2a5860626b7d89a40d6186f6fbfbbd8d.jpg

Yaqi badger brushes are good bang for the buck. I am quite happy with the 22mm one I have.

Back