The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• North Alabama Wagyu/CBL Lavender & Leather (1)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (7)
  • Irisch Moos splash (1)
8DC24E4B-7932-480A-A075-67A40E9BFAC5_1_201_a.jpeg
Big doings in my household this morning. I phoned the neighbors and woke the kids to help me celebrate a new soap and new aftershave. The soap is excellent: I noted zero dropoff in lather quality from yesterday's Shannon's Soap, one of my few elites. If I could, I'd fill a swimming pool with Irisch Moos and dive in it every day. I just love this stuff, and will one day buy the cologne.

I cannot find how to join the TSC Social Distancing Videos. I think there's one tonight? I'd like to join, but need someone to PM me the particulars. I promise not to eat all the chips or drink any of the booze!

I cannot find how to join the TSC Social Distancing Videos. I think there's one tonight? I'd like to join, but need someone to PM me the particulars. I promise not to eat all the chips or drink any of the booze!

There is a thread in the main area... add your name to the list. And I will be PMing the zoom details soon.

• North Alabama Wagyu/CBL Lavender & Leather (2)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (8)
  • Irisch Moos splash (2)
DFS+ this morning. Love the soap and the AS. This lineup is a winner.

Participated in last night's Zoom meeting. Loads of fun, good stories shared. Played Psych for the first time. I signed off during the second game, as it was past my bedtime. Good time. :)

Yea, I haven’t been able to make one yet, we have Zoom meetings for our church groups about the same time. Hopefully I can make some over summer break.
Well I just learned the last one went on for like 4 hours. I guess the thing is sign up just to get the link and join when you can. Especially if Bruce is on!

• North Alabama Wagyu/CBL Lavender & Leather (3)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (9)
  • Irisch Moos splash (3)
Early afternoon shave. Feels great, and I smell terrific. DFS+. If you haven't tried Irisch Moos splash, I highly recommend that you do.

• North Alabama Wagyu/CBL Lavender & Leather (4)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (10)
  • Irisch Moos splash (4)
DFS. Blade's done; I tossed it. This soap is amazing. Super strong lavender/leather scent and it lathers perfectly. I moisten the brush, give it a couple of swirls, and scoop the bubbles into the bowl. In no time I have perfect lather. I love this stuff. Topping it off with Irisch Moos completes it all. I'm a happy shaver.

Back