The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

It's still available, minus the one tub I just ordered. There is a pure lavender, Grassroots Lavender, that I also ordered, because I don't needs more soap. I really don't, @CBLindsay , so cut it out for crying out loud!
I thoroughly enjoy Grassroots! Light but amazing scent and lather. The ‘Bama Wagyu looked interesting to me last time I was browsing, but I was and am leaning more toward lighter/fresher scents at the moment.

• North Alabama Wagyu/CBL Lavender & Leather (5)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (10)
  • Irisch Moos splash (5)
New blade worked wonders - BBS for the win. Speaking of winning, I'll be cranking up the Wayback Machine and continuing to watch the 2018 Red Sox try to win their 9th title. Next up today is ALCS Game 5 against the Astros.

• North Alabama Wagyu/CBL Lavender & Leather (5)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (10)
  • Irisch Moos splash (5)
New blade worked wonders - BBS for the win. Speaking of winning, I'll be cranking up the Wayback Machine and continuing to watch the 2018 Red Sox try to win their 9th title. Next up today is ALCS Game 5 against the Astros.
I was glad to find out that they weren't really using tech to steal signs. That 2018 team was a juggernaut. I must admit that I took a bit of a liking to the 2004 team, lots of entertaining characters. But as an Oriole fan, I'm duty bound to root against them except when they play the Yankees. Enjoy the game!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

But as an Oriole fan, I'm duty bound to root against them except when they play the Yankees
I was born in Baltimore and was an Orioles and Colts fan. Loved the Robinson Brothers, Boog Powell, Palmer, etc. Loved the 1966 sweep of the Dodgers. In 1967 my father was transferred to New London, CT, the year of "The Impossible Dream" team, with Yaz, Reggie Smith, Mike Andrews, Rico Petrocelli, etc. I fell in love with the Sox that summer, and have rooted for them through thick and thin. A lot of thin. I stayed a Colts fan till Irsay moved them in '83, but I would say my athletic heroes when young were Unitas and Yaz, two men of uncommon skill and character. I still pull for the Orioles in a limited way.

I was born in Baltimore and was an Orioles and Colts fan. Loved the Robinson Brothers, Boog Powell, Palmer, etc. Loved the 1966 sweep of the Dodgers. In 1967 my father was transferred to New London, CT, the year of "The Impossible Dream" team, with Yaz, Reggie Smith, Mike Andrews, Rico Petrocelli, etc. I fell in love with the Sox that summer, and have rooted for them through thick and thin. A lot of thin. I stayed a Colts fan till Irsay moved them in '83, but I would say my athletic heroes when young were Unitas and Yaz, two men of uncommon skill and character. I still pull for the Orioles in a limited way.
I only moved to Baltimore in adulthood, but I fell in love with the city and miss it very much. I'm too young to have experienced the great Os teams of the 60s-70s, but I was fortunate a couple of weeks ago to catch a replay of the radio broadcasts of the 66 Series. What a rout! Congratulations on your team's success in the past 16 years. It was a long time coming! I can only hope that the Oriole's current rebuilding project will yield even a fraction of that glory!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I can only hope that the Oriole's current rebuilding project will yield even a fraction of that glory!
When the O's are in the Series, I've always rooted for them. Earl Weaver was a hoot. He'd probably be arrested for what he once did to umpires. I kept expecting him to collapse of a heart attack when he was jawing with the umps!

I get the same room filling scents when I get something new in, but otherwise my gear is all held in the bedroom, so I’m used to the smells now when not shaving...always just smells good, but I can’t pick out anything particular.

Nice read Bruce, and mine is literally a powder room that talc gets on everything LOL

I get the same room filling scents when I get something new in, but otherwise my gear is all held in the bedroom, so I’m used to the smells now when not shaving...always just smells good, but I can’t pick out anything particular.
Nice read Bruce, and mine is literally a powder room that talc gets on everything LOL
The soap tub is covered, but there could be some film that ran down the side. I rinse the brush and bowl, but there's probably some residue on those too. It's a powerful smelling soap that takes very little to make its presence known.

• North Alabama Wagyu/CBL Lavender & Leather (7)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (3)
  • Irisch Moos splash (7)
DFS+ with a couple of self-sealing weepers through my carelessness. However, I smell good, thanks to the Moos.

5148fe2d52b50.jpeg

• North Alabama Wagyu/CBL Lavender & Leather (8)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (4)
  • Irisch Moos splash (8)
BBS today. This is an exciting day at TSC. Not only is there a Zoom meeting tonight with fun and hilarity, but today is the day @GearNoir will announce the date of the soon-to-be Mohawk Chip Challenge! Let's all applaud our intrepid friend for his Courage, Intestinal Fortitude, and most of all, his Good Sportsmanship! Three cheers for The Man!

Back