The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Shannon's Haymarket Vetiver (12)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (1)
  • Razorock Plague Doctor
New day, new blade, BBS. I am a happy shaver. I've read with interest others' comments on the brush. I agree that it's stiffer than most, but after about 3+ weeks of use it is appreciably softer. Still has a way to go, and I need to really mash it to get the bristles to splay, but it is breaking in nicely. If compared to a brand new stiff boar and treated as such, I believe it can please most shavers. I like it, love the look, and will continue to happily use it.

• Shannon's Haymarket Vetiver (13)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (2)
  • Razorock Plague Doctor
DFS, due to a couple of weepers. In a week or so I will no longer smell like the Plague. The soap is also approaching its finale. Maybe I'll end them together, leaving me to start fresh with a whole new soap/splash combination. Naturally, everything else will stay the same, because *reasons* (for me it's about the shaves, and not the stuff; I'm frugal cheap).

Please remember to Vote for Gear Noir!

After a hard day at the office, I decided I deserved some kind of reward. So I sat on the patio in the 70 degree breeze, enjoying a Nub Connecticut cigar, and a mug of home roast Timor. Life is good. :giggle:
You know what Bruce...I pictured that and it LOOKED GOOD!...alas, I have none of that except the patio... :cry:

Back