The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

A view from the UK - ajc347’s Shaving Journal

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately. Albert isn’t my name for the brush - it’s what the owner of Alpha Shaving has decided to call the name of the model.

It’s an inspired move on his behalf, especially given that the name can be shortened to Bert the Brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 3 Henson Razors arrived today.

I purchased a Black & Red, Blue and made a special pre-order of Black and Purple.

f9ca423bda15854b4ed31a76c23b7ce1.plist

c93f1888cee5e9a86538d812adb2d0fe.plist

I’ve changed the baseplates around in the photos below in order to show Blue and Red and Black and Blue.

831b1b7accd4069fde10010ef4976aa4.plist

c5e1a7bafd1a32481e25ec3e7816f676.plist

I also tried a Blue and Purple combination:

215418ba83c465df8163ccb80b2aa0fb.plist

ca3f58d50fdee6160a5fe415ce03b334.plist

I think I prefer the original three combinations and will most probably leave them unchanged. :)

So, how did you order a 2-tone Henson? I don't see any option to customize on their site. Also did you order the Mild or Medium?

So, how did you order a 2-tone Henson? I don't see any option to customize on their site. Also did you order the Mild or Medium?

The UK based vendor I purchased them from, Shaving Station, arranged the Blue and Red version as they are their website colours and also arranged for a Black and Red version to be included in their order. I asked Stuart, the owner of Shaving Station, whether he could enquire as to whether a Black and Purple combination could be arranged. He kindly sorted this out and I purchased it directly from him.

All three are the medium version (with a blade gap of 0.85mm). Unfortunately, no Mild versions have made it to the UK as yet, so I haven't been able to try one. Hopefully they will in the future.

You know where I'm going with this don't you?
You should just get 1 of each of the 2 colors and have 2 mixed ones just reversed. Getting 2 is cheaper because it gets you "free shipping" ...............................I know those 2 words are like magic to you :cool:

You should just get 1 of each of the 2 colors and have 2 mixed ones just reversed. Getting 2 is cheaper because it gets you "free shipping" ...............................I know those 2 words are like magic to you :cool:
Now he tells me! Too late......

No problem at all Dave. I think the idea of mixing a Red and Blue razor to get Spider-Man colours is awesome.

No problem at all Dave. I think the idea of mixing a Red and Blue razor to get Spider-Man colours is awesome.

It's actually a compliment when members campout occasionally in your journal 😉. He and I have similar 3D printed razors that were mix/matched to give him Spiderman colors. Here's mine. KJ will have to post his. Kyle @uacowboy is a Hobbyist on the forum that does 3D printing
IMG_20200617_061447114.jpg

It's actually a compliment when members campout occasionally in your journal . He and I have similar 3D printed razors that were mix/matched to give him Spiderman colors. Here's mine. KJ will have to post his. Kyle @uacowboy is a Hobbyist on the forum that does 3D printing
View attachment 35530

I feel complimented each time someone reads and likes my journal, let alone drops in and camps out.

The razor looks awesome Dave.

I’ve not got around to trying a TNNSER as yet, but do have a v1 and v2 Wabbit pass around razor lined up for tonight’s shave. It’s my first use of them and I’m intrigued to see how they shave.

I feel complimented each time someone reads and likes my journal, let alone drops in and camps out.

The razor looks awesome Dave.

I’ve not got around to trying a TNNSER as yet, but do have a v1 and v2 Wabbit pass around razor lined up for tonight’s shave. It’s my first use of them and I’m intrigued to see how they shave.

Looking forward to your review. I'll need to look them up as the name escapes me...

Ohhhh, an injector one. Oooooo Kyyyyyyle @uacowboy !!!!!

Back