The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

A Spartan's Tale

December 3
Goodwill #170 w GSB
APShave flattop/Sapele
JOHS Apothecary
Thayers
Brut AS
abhjui.jpg
A very nice shave early this morning. This older Jeeves soap is still a top tier lather for me and the Goodwill joins the list of awesome NEW shavers. It is replated in gold, which is ironic (or paradoxical? oxymoronic?) given how these razors were given away originally. Splashed on some Brut to make it a Fougere Friday. No restrictor makes this a true 'splash'. ;)
Have a great Friday all!

December 7th and 8th
Yesterday:
British EverReady w Gem
Omega Pro/Burl&Resin
Soap Commander Endurance
Thayers
Shulton OS AS
axcdd.jpg
This morning:
Schick '66' G4 w Personna
APShave GELousy SHD/ BlueResinMaple
Highland Springs Kootenay Blue
Thayers
Barrister's Reserve Cool
adfhg.jpg
Pulled out two Single Edge shavers over the past few days that I haven't reached for since SEptember. This British EverReady was a present from SWMBO last Christmas, and naturally (I was born at night, just not last night...:cool:) it immediately bumped my two other GEM styles down the pecking order. No moss on Mr. Spartan...:geek:. The blade was done after who knows how may shaves. I'll change it out for next time. I think the Omega EVo in this MilkChurn handle has become my new favourite. I always enjoyed the Evo in its original handle, but really like it now. The handle doesn't look comfortable, but it mos def (@primotenore) is.

My vintage Schicks (E3,G4 and an I1) have taken a back seat lately to the awesome modern Supply when it comes to Injectors, but I had an awesome shave with the '66' this morning. These vintage Schicks really are nice razors...so very instinctive for me. I need to spend more time with the E and G. The I1 stays out at the lake. I also had a minty PAL Injectomatic that I sold early on in my safety razor journey, but that I kinda regret doing so now. I think I'd handle the 'meatgrinder' way differently now.
Anyway, haven't had a lot of time to check in on the excellent shave journals from everyone, but will endeavour to do so soon. Long days, but hopefully productive ones.
Have a great night all.

I also had a minty PAL Injectomatic that I sold early on in my safety razor journey, but that I kinda regret doing so now. I think I'd handle the 'meatgrinder' way differently now.
Meatgrinder! Yeah that's how I would describe it also!

You have some nice shaves going on there. I need to spend more time with the injector I have.

December 9th
RazoRock V3 SS OC Hawk
Omega Evo/ Burl & Resin
Soap Commander Endurance
Thayers
Shulton OS AS
903EE767-95E0-42DA-8818-265737023EB3.jpeg
This Hawk is more efficient than smooth, but isn’t an assassin by any means. It is also the only AC razor left in the den. I had an aluminum V2, but found it too light.

Besides the good results, this happened today:
9B0BDEA3-3C1C-4E30-994C-80768442AFB7.jpeg
It joins Palmolive Menthol, FC Maximo Gomez, Barristers Reserve Cool and Strop Shoppe Baker St as finished tubs or tubes in 2021.
Have a great night all!

December 9th
RazoRock V3 SS OC Hawk
Omega Evo/ Burl & Resin
Soap Commander Endurance
Thayers
Shulton OS AS
View attachment 69578
This Hawk is more efficient than smooth, but isn’t an assassin by any means. It is also the only AC razor left in the den. I had an aluminum V2, but found it too light.

Besides the good results, this happened today:
View attachment 69579
It joins Palmolive Menthol, FC Maximo Gomez, Barristers Reserve Cool and Strop Shoppe Baker St as finished tubs or tubes in 2021.
Have a great night all!
Congratulations on finishing a Soap Commander tub; they’re huge! I am well into my second MWF refill after finishI got off a cake back in May. Also fini off a Nancy Boy Cream. I like AC razors but sold my Hawk to Danny. He likes it and uses it. My Vector and General have spoiled me for all other AC razors.

December 10th
Canadian New Deluxe
Stirling Finest/ Maple
SV Felce Aromatica combo
Thayers

This New Deluxe is not as smooth as some of my fave NEWs, but certainly is efficient. A quality shaver that has a new Gold overcoat courtesy of my friend Evan.
15F8E3B6-2046-4DE0-A54A-4F5D49E086C4.jpeg
This week has finally ended…:cool: I’ll get some reports done Sunday night, but am planning some family stuff for tomorrow and Sunday morning anyway.
Happy Fougere Friday!

December 13th and 14th
Yesterday:
Canadian NEW LC w Nacet (1)
APShave Flattop/Sapele
Stirling Mountain Man SS
Thayers
Maol Heliopteris AS
azdf.jpg
Today:
Canadian NEW LC w Nacet (2)
APShave SynBad/ Poculi
Haslinger Schafmilch SS
Thayers
Alt Innsbruck AS
arrer.jpg
Crazy times in Spartanland. I'm getting tired of these multishave posts, but it is what I have time for these days. Hoping to take some time off next week...that's the plan, anyway.
The two shaves this week with the favourite NEW LC have been excellent. I don't think there is a smoother shaver in my den... this was Gillette's high water mark for me, and it happened 90 years ago. The nice, sharp Nacet is a worthy tag team partner.
SWMBO isn't a fan of Mountain Man, so an immediate and healthy splash of the quality (and strong) Heliopteris seemed a good idea.
Today was the first use of the Alt Innsbruck. First impressions are that this is a super, classic scent. An immediate winner. One in, one out? Buh bye vintage English Leather. Soaps are another matter. I'm actually 4 less than the start of the year. 5 done and 1 coming in. What am I to do with all the space?
Have a great day all!

Back