The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

A Spartan's Tale

Sorry it’s been a rough week Jason! Glad to see ya check in. Hope you can get that time off!
Thank you, Chris. I can technically take the time, but may need to work some of it...
On another note, I simply haven't been able to get your parcel sent. I have had no chance of getting to the post office during business hours. My apologies, but I will be able to get down there tomorrow, methinks.

Thank you, Chris. I can technically take the time, but may need to work some of it...
On another note, I simply haven't been able to get your parcel sent. I have had no chance of getting to the post office during business hours. My apologies, but I will be able to get down there tomorrow, methinks.
No apology needed! No rush. It’s very nice that I’m receiving your gift at all. 👍

The wife isn't a fan of Mountain Man? Oh no...this can't be. Maybe just wear enough if it of several months and get her used to it. 🤪

Catch up post:
December 15,16,17
A week of fantastic shaves with the Canadian NEW LC. I haven't posted any pics since Tuesday, but have had a great run with this razor. Wednesday was full repeat of software and hardware from Tuesday, so no need for a pic. A Nacet to start the week and a Permasharp to finish it. Superb all around.

I'm using up some vacation time between now and the end of the year. I have 6 vaca days left and will probably take 3 days off each of the next two weeks. Well, that is the plan, anyway. If crap goes sideways, that could change. Hopefully, my biggest decision in a few hours will only be 'Manhattan or Old Fashioned'....:unsure:

Wednesday:
APShave SynBad/ Poculi
Haslinger Schafmilch
Thayers
Alt Innsbruck

What to say about this shave? Well, I used the same set up as the day before, hence no pic. The Alt Innsbruck is an insta-fave. What a beautiful, simple, classic scent. The product is a quality product as well. I shouldn't have waited this long to try it. This 'sheep milk' Haslinger is a nice, slick lather as well. I need to reach for it more often, methinks.

Thursday:
TGN Finest/ Maple
Castle Forbes Lime
Thayers
Dior Eau Sauvage AS
asgju.jpg
Simply one of my favourite software combos. Is it the right time of year for it? Who cares, it was awesome.

Today:
Omega Pro/ Poculi beehive
PAA Et Tu (CK6)
Thayers
Brut AS
agwwe.jpg
No restrictor on a bottle of modern Brut? Yup, loud and proud again...(y)
Happy Fougere Friday all!

I'm using up some vacation time between now and the end of the year. I have 6 vaca days left and will probably take 3 days off each of the next two weeks.
I've got some days coming up. I may not take them all off. I'm looking forward to the holidays though. Enjoy your time off, Jason. (y)

December 19th
Gillette Single Ring w Nacet (1)
APShave Silvertip/ MrEE LE 007
Musgo Real Classic SC
Thayers
Stirling Baker St AS
4AAC5579-5D1F-460F-B054-85477B3E22CB.jpeg
First use of the new to me Single Ring and the Musgo Real. Both are from Ed’s estate sale, so expertly organized by @woodpusher . The razor is the usual nice OT shave…the cream had a unique scent. I need to try it again next time. I can’t really describe it, but it didn’t grab me from the start. I also need to use a little more with this brush. The big fan is a hog, for sure.

The Single Ring came in great shape. Some Mothers and some elbow grease exposed it to be an absolute Mint condition shaver. Amazing for a 100 years:
B3F9F8DD-91E3-46C1-8555-A7647758100C.jpeg
6E9C875B-8FD1-42FD-AA4B-18871F1B1D3A.jpeg

Have a great night all!

December 13th and 14th
Yesterday:
Canadian NEW LC w Nacet (1)
APShave Flattop/Sapele
Stirling Mountain Man SS
Thayers
Maol Heliopteris AS
View attachment 70129
Today:
Canadian NEW LC w Nacet (2)
APShave SynBad/ Poculi
Haslinger Schafmilch SS
Thayers
Alt Innsbruck AS
View attachment 70130
Crazy times in Spartanland. I'm getting tired of these multishave posts, but it is what I have time for these days. Hoping to take some time off next week...that's the plan, anyway.
The two shaves this week with the favourite NEW LC have been excellent. I don't think there is a smoother shaver in my den... this was Gillette's high water mark for me, and it happened 90 years ago. The nice, sharp Nacet is a worthy tag team partner.
SWMBO isn't a fan of Mountain Man, so an immediate and healthy splash of the quality (and strong) Heliopteris seemed a good idea.
Today was the first use of the Alt Innsbruck. First impressions are that this is a super, classic scent. An immediate winner. One in, one out? Buh bye vintage English Leather. Soaps are another matter. I'm actually 4 less than the start of the year. 5 done and 1 coming in. What am I to do with all the space?
Have a great day all!
I agree completely with you, Jason! The New LC was Gillette’s best design as far as I’m concerned. Did you find the Alt-Innsbruck to be similar in scent to that T stuff Charlie loves to shave with?

That razor is a beaut! It is seriously good looking!

No tell me about how you used Mother's. I am assuming you are talking about Mother's car wax?

Back