The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022 TSC Convention Las Vegas April 22-24,2022 (DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY)

Honing Workshop?

Since this is a shave convention, I’ll throw this out there.

If there is committed interest in experiences using convex shaped media to sharpen stuff, I do think I could bring enough of my gear. You could bring your hard to sharpen stuff and give my stuff a try. Moving back to flat stones after having a piece honed on convex presents no issues or risk. No 1/4 hollow or wedges.

Arrival - Departure Rideshare Info

I am arriving Wed at 11:20pm
I am departing Monday at 2:25pm

I am renting a car.

Anyone needing to catch a ride to-from the airport in those timeframes let me know.
very nice of you for those going...

Honing Workshop?

Since this is a shave convention, I’ll throw this out there.

If there is committed interest in experiences using convex shaped media to sharpen stuff, I do think I could bring enough of my gear. You could bring your hard to sharpen stuff and give my stuff a try. Moving back to flat stones after having a piece honed on convex presents no issues or risk. No 1/4 hollow or wedges.
i will see what we can do to fit it into the activity schedule which will be out in the next week or so

Folks
Nothing is set in stone yet, however based on how long we will be there here are some items we are looking at the Saturday Night dinner is the only definitive event for all

Scavenger Hunt
A Ladies activity
Lather contest
Convex honing demo
Event zoom
Hospitality hours, snacks and libation

As well as a bunch of impromptu activities based on what we all want to do

Wow getting closer.
If anyone is arriving very early Friday 22nd or leaving early Monday 25th let me know. I AM NOT renting a car. We can share Uber or I can give you some extra gambling money and grab a ride in your rental?

Folks
Nothing is set in stone yet, however based on how long we will be there here are some items we are looking at the Saturday Night dinner is the only definitive event for all

Scavenger Hunt
A Ladies activity
Lather contest
Convex honing demo
Event zoom
Hospitality hours, snacks and libation

As well as a bunch of impromptu activities based on what we all want to do
All this sound great. We had a lathering contest at a meet up on Ohio so much fun.
Will there also be a passaround table? I would hope so? I have saved a few items to bring.
I know there are proper pass a round rules to follow.

We may have something, but the hotel made it clear we cannot offer items for sale, but more than likely during the times open in our suite

I am confused I was never aware a pass a round had any money exchanged??? Are we talking about the same thing?
no I knew what you meant, they still consider it Commerce and thus requires a permit from the Gambling Commission, so as long as we doing it on the DL we are OK

Back