The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022-2023 Football Season

That was a tough one to lose last night. But we lost to a really great team.
College football is going to be completely different in the future with NIL. I just hope the higher ups regulate it.
The 12 team playoffs the year after this will be great.
I and other fans (maybe not Kansas State) should have appreciated the Alabama team on how all of them played. They put aside the $ and PLAYED. It attests to there program.
@dangerousdon @CVargo @Scuttlesoap good luck on your games Monday. I am really looking forward to the Rose Bowl.
Thinking of starting a College Basketball thread? Not sure the interest but to me I would just as much love my Buckeyes to win in March as winning in January.
Take care everyone Dame I didn't sleep well last night.
GO BUCKS

That was a tough one to lose last night. But we lost to a really great team.
College football is going to be completely different in the future with NIL. I just hope the higher ups regulate it.
The 12 team playoffs the year after this will be great.
I and other fans (maybe not Kansas State) should have appreciated the Alabama team on how all of them played. They put aside the $ and PLAYED. It attests to there program.
@dangerousdon @CVargo @Scuttlesoap good luck on your games Monday. I am really looking forward to the Rose Bowl.
Thinking of starting a College Basketball thread? Not sure the interest but to me I would just as much love my Buckeyes to win in March as winning in January.
Take care everyone Dame I didn't sleep well last night.
GO BUCKS
It isn't all that active right now but I bet it will be now that Football is mostly over with. But Chad Started one...

The college games didn't go the way I wanted. Can you imagine Michigan v. OSU for the nat'l championship? That would have been one for the ages. I didn't see the full Michigan game, tuning in with less than 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, Michigan down by about a touchdown. There was such a flurry of TDs, back and forth between the teams. Neither defense could get a stop. I swear 3-4 TDs were scored by halftime.

Don’t worry. @Scuttlesoap will make sure that we all know who won the Rose Bowl.

I watched a good bit of the LSU game was happy to see my team play well. Excited to see what they can do next year.

@Graybeard57 The AFC north will be a dog fight next year.
Will be hard for my Bengals to go back to back to back.
I would much prefer your Bengals over the Ravens. Of course, my first loyalty is to the Steelers, but within the division I will root for Cleveland and Baltimore to tie for last place.

Looking back at the bowl records for this year, and the SEC was the clear winner with 11 teams playing and a 7-5 record. ACC and Big 10 were tied for second with 9 teams and 5-4 records.

Looking back at the bowl records for this year, and the SEC was the clear winner with 11 teams playing and a 7-5 record. ACC and Big 10 were tied for second with 9 teams and 5-4 records.
SEC be all like..

giphy.gif

I just have one question - I may have missed the game…….who won between Penn State (Big 10) and Utah (PAC 12)? Chad wanted to know.

Last edited:
the SEC was the clear winner with 11 teams playing and a 7-5 record.
Full Stop...no need to go any further.
I just have one question - I may have missed the game…….who won between Penn State (Big 10) and Utah (PAC 12)? Chad wanted to know.
Don't know...don't care...it wasn't an SEC game so it doesn't matter.

But if you are playing the Little Sisters of the Blind - Are you really that tough?

View attachment 102435
How many ranked teams did Penn State play this year? And are seriously going to tell me that Central Michigan and Ohio (not of "The" caliber) are college football powerhouses? And if Penn State is so great...how come you didn't even make it to your conference championship?

Back