The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2021 `S` thread

No. Chris as a TSC owner and his business CBL soap are completely separate. Sales of CBL Soap do not support the forum. He pays his vendor fees just like everybody else and that is it.

Yes, but sabba--- (ugh, you almost got me to say it) is a bad word around here. It's usually referred to around here as the S-word. Shortened to just the "S", here.
I am a member of a forum where I'm not active anymore where they actually censor posts with that word. They literally delete the posts. You can't even discuss the idea there...

For those that have 2021 purchases in mind, join us anyways, buy the purchases, and join back in. This is not a strict no purchases S. It's a human hey we bought something let's see how many days in 2021 we can go without making a purchase.

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk
We'll, if the idea is more to keep track of how long we go in between purchases and make fun of each other for our weakness, then I'm in.

Who's all in?

1 Kevdogg329
2 Milkcrate
3 bobmsp
4 dangerousdon OUT before we even started. CEC 1st victim.
5 bosch
6 Spider (CEC Agent infiltrating)
7 gwsmallwood

Speak for yourself Arachnid Man!
Yeah, we don't take ourselves that seriously here. We say it's a bad word, but it's all in jest, and mainly so we can give each other a hard time about it, all in good fun.
Ya @Spider he is just upset he got shot down minutes into the war, sort of like being the 1st contestant off Survivor, LOL

No. Chris as a TSC owner and his business CBL soap are completely separate. Sales of CBL Soap do not support the forum. He pays his vendor fees just like everybody else and that is it.

Yes, but sabba--- (ugh, you almost got me to say it) is a bad word around here. It's usually referred to around here as the S-word. Shortened to just the "S", here.
Technically you are VERY correct KJ. My CBL soap business is entirely separate from the TSC Partnership. I don't even share a web server with the TSC. But if it helps ANYONE avoid suffering the torment of the "S" feel free to apply the 5 degrees of separation thing anyway you like.

Just for the record, I don't recall buying a whole lot during 2020. I know I bought a bunch of Victory Shaving Soap and I got some bath gel from Stirling and I know I have the anniversary soap from LNHC. I got the new Gillette razors that were released this year and a few vintage razors I was able to find AND some aftershave ...oh and the New SV Desert Vetiver and the TSC SV Brush. It's like I didn't buy anything at all in 2020.

@Spider KJ I was being funny trying to get more people to buy stuff instead of the "S: word !!!!!!! It was meant as funny.....geeeezzzzzzz.....

@Spider KJ I was being funny trying to get more people to buy stuff instead of the "S: word !!!!!!! It was meant as funny.....geeeezzzzzzz.....
I just didn't want anyone to think that any artisan or business is tied or linked to the operation of the TSC, like they are on other forums. It's one thing that sets this forum apart from the rest.

Technically you are VERY correct KJ. My CBL soap business is entirely separate from the TSC Partnership. I don't even share a web server with the TSC. But if it helps ANYONE avoid suffering the torment of the "S" feel free to apply the 5 degrees of separation thing anyway you like.

Just for the record, I don't recall buying a whole lot during 2020. I know I bought a bunch of Victory Shaving Soap and I got some bath gel from Stirling and I know I have the anniversary soap from LNHC. I got the new Gillette razors that were released this year and a few vintage razors I was able to find AND some aftershave ...oh and the New SV Desert Vetiver and the TSC SV Brush. It's like I didn't buy anything at all in 2020.
Geez It Was A Joke People...........
ccWBwpD.png

I just didn't want anyone to think that any artisan or business is tied or linked to the operation of the TSC, like they are on other forums. It's one thing that sets this forum apart from the rest.
Very true but it wasnt meant like that...... .

Okay everyone.. My comments earlier about CBL and Chris were meant in Jest.. It was an attempt to get more of you "S" victims ( I mean participants) to make MORE Purchases during your terms of "S" confinment... It was not meant to be taken as ANY vendor having an influence to this forum.. We all know this site is different than others as it tries to keep ANY vendor from having an influence over what is said or posted..
Please remember MY comment was meant as a joke and NOTHING else.......
Programming.jpg

I understand you wanting to make sure thats clear.. I happened to go to that other site yesterday just to see what was being complained about and one of the vendors (razor makers) was trying to get the staff to ban and remove Any discussion of cloned items !! A clone of one of his designs was being discussed and he had a temper tantrum........

Okay everyone.. My comments earlier about CBL and Chris were meant in Jest.. It was an attempt to get more of you "S" victims ( I mean participants) to make MORE Purchases during your terms of "S" confinment... It was not meant to be taken as ANY vendor having an influence to this forum.. We all know this site is different than others as it tries to keep ANY vendor from having an influence over what is said or posted..
Please remember MY comment was meant as a joke and NOTHING else.......
View attachment 42586
Nothing about the “s” word is a joke. BUT I support doing whatever it takes to help those considering a “s” avoid the pain it will inevitably inflict. I feel their pain and it hasn’t even happened yet...that’s how bad it hurts.

giphy.gif

Nothing about the “s” word is a joke. BUT I support doing whatever it takes to help those considering a “s” avoid the pain it will inevitably inflict. I feel their pain and it hasn’t even happened yet...that’s how bad it hurts.
Okay so I guess now I need to say I was wrong to joke about the s word ?
This is getting confusing....

You keep talking like that Comrade and your C.E.C. card will be revoked, and a pair of Cement Shoes may be issued, by our Zombie
Agent

I joined, but I absolutely plan to have several failures under my belt by the time this is over. And I will relish, sharing my purchases with everyone in this thread! I'm all about the camaraderie and fun that will be had in this thread, regardless of the outcome!

Back