The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2021 `S` thread

I don't think that's possible with you your rules. At most I think it'd be 182 or 183.
I don't think he meant you get an extra day off. The intent, I believe, is if you wake up and freak out and buy a soap...ā€¦ you have the entire rest of the day to go hog wild on purchases without any additional failures. You reset your S the next day.

I don't think he meant you get an extra day off. The intent, I believe, is if you wake up and freak out and buy a soap...ā€¦ you have the entire rest of the day to go hog wild on purchases without any additional failures. You reset your S the next day.
yeah. that makes a lot more sense now. sleep and coffee are good things.

I did this a few years ago. My only questionable purchase was a NOS Super Adjustable that my wife bought me while antiquing on our anniversary. Otherwise I made it the entire year.

I might do it again at some point, but there are a few things I've been saving up for that aren't available right now, so not 2021.

Who's all in?

1 Kevdogg329
2 Milkcrate
3 bobmsp
4 dangerousdon

I'm out....Damn that was quick...
CEC-1
ā€œSā€-0

CompassionateYellowishEel-size_restricted.gif

Exactly!

Or buy a unicorn toggle off eBay for $5...etc

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

For those that have 2021 purchases in mind, join us anyways, buy the purchases, and join back in. This is not a strict no purchases S. It's a human hey we bought something let's see how many days in 2021 we can go without making a purchase.

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

One thing I just thought of.. Since Chris @CBLindsay is one of the owners here And Chris @CBLSoap.com. are the same wouldn't that mean ANY purchases from him would be exempt since that would be supporting TSC continued funding..:unsure: :unsure:.. Just saying.............. And what about Any of the other paying Vendors And Artisans And Craftsman since They pay a fee wouldn't that mean that by purchasing from Them you would Also be supporting TSC so purchases from Them would be exempt too !!!! :) ;)

Last edited:
One thing I just thought of.. Since Chris @CBLindsay is one of the owners here And Chris @CBLSoap.com. are the same wouldn't that mean ANY purchases from him would be exempt since that would be supporting TSC continued funding..:unsure:
No. Chris as a TSC owner and his business CBL soap are completely separate. Sales of CBL Soap do not support the forum. He pays his vendor fees just like everybody else and that is it.

Help me out, guys. Presumably 'S' is for sabbatical from buying?? :)
Yes, but sabba--- (ugh, you almost got me to say it) is a bad word around here. It's usually referred to around here as the S-word. Shortened to just the "S", here.

Last edited:
In his defense, Don was probably IN before it started because he's apart of the 2020 - 2040 dreaded B-word (which can either mean Baby or Broke... One begets the other).
giphy.gif

No. Chris as a TSC owner and his business CBL soap are completely separate. Sales of CBL Soap do not support the forum. He pays his vendor fees just like everybody else and that is it.

Yes, but sabba--- (ugh, you almost got me to say it) is a bad word around here. It's usually referred to around here as the S-word. Shortened to just the "S", here.
Ahhh...

How hard can that be?? :p I'm definitely in! I've got all I need... :oops:

1 Kevdogg329
2 Milkcrate
3 bobmsp
4 dangerousdon OUT before we even started. CEC 1st victim.

So, apparently I'm lame, but @bosch needs to go in the next position. Oh no, they say, this guy can't even cut and paste! ;)

Who's all in?

1 Kevdogg329
2 Milkcrate
3 bobmsp
4 dangerousdon OUT before we even started. CEC 1st victim.
5 bosch
6 Spider (CEC Agent infiltrating)

Back