The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Yuma Razor Pass around

I noticed they had a similar look. I'm sure the 1904 is much beefier!

It's in the mail, expected delivery is Monday, 3/11.
Thanks Dave. I'll need everyone that was part of the pass around that would like to perhaps get this razor to post your interest. Start a list whoever is 1st. We'll do a drawing somehow and Steve who is last on the list can mail it to them......unless he wins.

I’m still waiting for the razor to arrive so I can try it out, but I’ll put my name on the list.
  1. uacowboy
  2. SteveChuckFrank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recieved the Yuma yesterday and had my first shave with it this morning. There’s a video uploading in my journal and video journal.

Initial thoughts are: extremely light, extremely mild, pretty cool looking. Lol.

Razor:
Yuma
Blade: Parker (3)
Brush: Stirling Kong Synthetic
Soap: Razorock Santal Royale
AS: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Third shave with the Yuma today, and more of the same. Got a decently close and very comfortable shave. Not BBS, but certainly DFS and a very comfortable process throughout. My final thoughts on the razor after 3 uses are:

-This is the lightest razor that I've ever used by a long shot. Not necessarily a good or bad thing. Just very light. Also, the metal used must be cheap as it almost feels like plastic.
-This is the mildest razor that I've ever used. It is not aggressive at all, which I think lends to its comfort, but detracts from closeness.
-The aesthetics of the razor were pretty neat. The design on the handle was different and has an old school kind of art deco flair to it.

Overall I'd definitely keep this in my den as a great travel razor, or a good hangover shaver 😂

Back