The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Yuma Razor Pass around

Shave 2 with the Yuma. Whenever I test a new razor with a blade almost ready to toss, I remember that scene from Dodgeball where the coach says "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball". Yesterday I learned the quirks of the Yuma and today, I loaded a blade that had four shaves on it. I rode the cap very high and resisted the urge to apply pressure by reminding myself that it was just like a bakelite. First thing I noticed was that with a fresher blade, the noise was reduced considerably (but also find the correct angle had a lot to do with it). Tonight's shave was much more comfortable and efficient. I got away with a two pass plus touch up BBS and could have gotten away with a one pass plus touch up DFS. I am very impressed with the razor and have achieved what I set out to do with it. Since the USPS don't open until Monday, I might go through with the test shave comparing the Yuma to the Long Feng tomorrow.

Shave 2 with the Yuma. Whenever I test a new razor with a blade almost ready to toss, I remember that scene from Dodgeball where the coach says "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball". Yesterday I learned the quirks of the Yuma and today, I loaded a blade that had four shaves on it. I rode the cap very high and resisted the urge to apply pressure by reminding myself that it was just like a bakelite. First thing I noticed was that with a fresher blade, the noise was reduced considerably (but also find the correct angle had a lot to do with it). Tonight's shave was much more comfortable and efficient. I got away with a two pass plus touch up BBS and could have gotten away with a one pass plus touch up DFS. I am very impressed with the razor and have achieved what I set out to do with it. Since the USPS don't open until Monday, I might go through with the test shave comparing the Yuma to the Long Feng tomorrow.
Sounds good Les. Take your time with it as Monday is MLK day and USPS is probably closed. No hurry, glad you found what works for you.

Nice shaves Les. Just getting caught up around here. Glad to hear it performed for you.

Well now that I found out I had an extra day because of the holiday I forgot I had, I decided to take a break and get a clean and even shave with my King Cobra (not that the Yuma wasn't doing a good job). Tomorrow will be the face off between the Yuma and the Long Feng. Hopefully the Yuma will not take my face off. Tuesday, if I can go out into the public with my face intact, the razor will be heading to Don.

Today with a nice even stubble growth, I decided to compare the shaves of the Yuma and Long Feng. Long Feng won the toss and decided to shave the left side of my face. Yuma to shave the right side and decided to defer shaving and let the left side shave first.

WTG pass - Long Feng was very comfortable and cleared most of the whiskers on the left side. Yuma was not as comfortable, but was much more efficient.

ATG pass - Long Feng struggled with the one spot on the left underside of my face where my whiskers swirl, but otherwise handled the other areas well. Yuma also struggled with the area along the underside of my jaw, but cleared it well with some buffing.

Because the Yuma was more efficient, it was decided that it will do the touch up. It did that well and once again, another two pass plus touch up near BBS.

Both razors were similar in angle used and weight. The longer handle of the Long Feng made the balance slightly better and definitely the capped bottom of the handle made it less noisy than the Yuma. The Yuma gave a better shave at the expense of a slight loss in comfort. If I were to interpret this into comparing known razors, I would say that the Yuma shaved more like a triangle slot Tech compared to a 1950's Tech.

Tomorrow the USPS is open again, and the Yuma will be sent to the Dangerous one.

Nice shave and write up. Its cool you happened to have the long feng for comparison.

The real question is will don still be using the dollar tree razor when the $3 upgrade arrives.

Nice shave and write up. Its cool you happened to have the long feng for comparison.

The real question is will don still be using the dollar tree razor when the $3 upgrade arrives.

It appears I will. But I will be good to go the next day to use the Yuma. At least with the Yuma...I get to choose my own blade!

Yuma is on it way to the Dangerous one and so this is the updated list:

1. uacowboy ( done )
2. gvw755 (sent)
3. dangerousdon (on deck)
4. dmshaver (in the hole)
5. Spider
6. SteveChuckFrank

Received the Yuma in the mail yesterday! I'll get a shave in with it as soon as finish with the Dollar Tree Razor craziness!

1. uacowboy ( done )
2. gvw755 (done)
3. dangerousdon (in possession)
4. dmshaver (on deck)
5. Spider (in the hole)
6. SteveChuckFrank

Or video side by side comparison

Or I could have a razor in each hand and shave at the same time!
1f633.png

Back