The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Your Latest Fragrance Purchase

My dad told me to pick up Drakkar Noir. It’s got an aromatic woody citrus thing going on that I’m not sure agrees with me or not. Maybe I’ll come around to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 43514View attachment 43515The Christmas Frag haul is complete! My Guerlain fairy hit it out of the park again.
I really DIG the Terre D' Hermes. Most Guerlain scents have impressed me but I have never seen that one, they usually give a fancy description but the frag is more complicated than the description so it either smells good or not to me, never "like it was described". I have the spicebomb oil and spicebomb night vision, I think I prefer night vision just because it is more unique but still "everyday" type of scent.

I found another scent that is very similar to TdH with less Flint (I like the flint myself), it's called "Red Vetiver" by Montale. In MY world Terre D' Hermes is known as "Orange Dirt" because I think it has at least some small amount of orange grove (from the top of the trees to the dirt and roots) in it along with the flint and dark vetiver. The Red Vetiver either doen't have flint or has less but to my pathetic nose I think it has some pepper (black or pink?) in it rather than orange grove. I own TdH, given a chance I will buy a larger amount of Red Vetiver.

I really DIG the Terre D' Hermes. Most Guerlain scents have impressed me but I have never seen that one, they usually give a fancy description but the frag is more complicated than the description so it either smells good or not to me, never "like it was described". I have the spicebomb oil and spicebomb night vision, I think I prefer night vision just because it is more unique but still "everyday" type of scent.

I found another scent that is very similar to TdH with less Flint (I like the flint myself), it's called "Red Vetiver" by Montale. In MY world Terre D' Hermes is known as "Orange Dirt" because I think it has at least some small amount of orange grove (from the top of the trees to the dirt and roots) in it along with the flint and dark vetiver. The Red Vetiver either doen't have flint or has less but to my pathetic nose I think it has some pepper (black or pink?) in it rather than orange grove. I own TdH, given a chance I will buy a larger amount of Red Vetiver.
Thanks for that Chris I will look up Red Vetiver. The Latest Guerlain in is from the same collection as the Santal Royal and Oud Essentiel. I love the TdH and it pairs nicely with the Terre d’ Henri from Henri et Victoria which is a scent and soap I also really like.

Thinking of picking up some Calvin Klein Eternity to go with my First Line Blue soap. Anybody familiar with the scent strength? Is it worth the price tag?

Thinking of picking up some Calvin Klein Eternity to go with my First Line Blue soap. Anybody familiar with the scent strength? Is it worth the price tag?

Yup I have the First Line Blue and Red series. I pair the Blue with CK Eternity Aqua or Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale. Any of the “Aqua” scent profiles will do. You can search around and find a deal I am sure. The scent strength for me is medium but everyone’s nose is different.

I pulled the trigger on it. If I could piss excellence, it would smell like this.

f4b42add7545a36164c0f3aa3b0036a7.jpg

Back