The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's the deal with SV?

I really like ghost town barber, I’m sure it will become an iconic scent over time. I like chiseled face soaps but knowing the artisans you’ve gravitated to, you might not like it as much as I do. It’s a very good performer but it not exactly top shelf.

As for SV, it is among the best I’ve tried. The Dolomite is (or was) on the cheaper side compared to the others but it is excellent. If expense is a barrier I recommend Dolomite. If you want a real treat go for the beta 4.3 version of Felce Aromatica, it is a great soap and smells great. The 70th anniversary is pretty much a classic Italian scent, it is one I think everyone can love. If you’ve tried pannacrema green, the scent is similar (as it performance. Use as directed and you can’t go wrong.

the aftershave is very good, they smell and feel great BUT if it is choice between one soap and matching AS or two soaps, I say get two soaps.

Thanks Chris.

i really do want to add two or three SV soaps to my den, but I have decided I won’t put any more shaving supplies on my credit card. Way too much in the last month or so. So I’ll be selling some stuff, and I’ll use my paypal balance from sales to buy new stuff.

Just watch your mailbox KJ in a few weeks, All I am going to say

N case anyone is wondering
DocHoliday0831 said:
KJ is ok I understand that some people just are not the Soap Aquiring types that jump on new Artisans at every turn. He from my understanding is an immortal where Williams is concerned so that makes up for it. But somehow we need to get him some of that stuff!

this post was meant jokingly

Spider said:
I didn’t think you really thought I was an immortal...

spiderman never dies! And I haven’t tried to lather that pick of Williams you sent me but I may be in for some fun from what I understand.

NurseDave said:
Seriously, if they were a soft soap I'd send you samples of each. How one would do that with a hard soap I'm not sure.

Wood chisels work pretty well, though I've also considered putting it on the lathe and using the skew to shave some off. I think a hand planer would be effective. Of course you then have the issue of trying to compact it into a sample container....

Smattayu said:
Wood chisels work pretty well, though I've also considered putting it on the lathe and using the skew to shave some off. I think a hand planer would be effective. Of course you then have the issue of trying to compact it into a sample container....

Eric, how did you send the sample of Tabac to me that one time? Would the same technique work for SV or is it much harder than Tabac.

DocHoliday0831 said:
Eric, how did you send the sample of Tabac to me that one time? Would the same technique work for SV or is it much harder than Tabac.

Someone sent me a sample of Tabac before that they put through a cheese grater.

While we are discussing SV, Thanks to all you dirty enablers I received a box from Italy today that included Felce Aromatica and Cosmo.

DocHoliday0831 said:
While we are discussing SV, Thanks to all you dirty enablers I received a box from Italy today that included Felce Aromatica and Cosmo.

Felce is my favorite!

DocHoliday0831 said:
keep it away from the cheese grater!

Back