The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's on your want list (long range)?

I'm not one to typically wait, but there are some items that just take time to save up for.

Koraat Custom Straight Razor
Brian Brown Custom Straight Razor
Martinez Custom Straight Razor

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger (26-28mm fan)
Wiborg White Badger (26-28mm fan)
Declaration Grooming B6 knot brush (26mm)
Another Paladin Fan in Honey Noir (not sure what handle shape, though)

Ozaku JNAT (BIG money for a good one that is fast and hard)

TIME to hone my straights....lol

I've got 9 DE razors that I use. I've always thought of trying to go with just one set of Above The Tie heads to see if that could cover all the bases that my 9 currently do.

I'm not one to typically wait, but there are some items that just take time to save up for.

Koraat Custom Straight Razor
Brian Brown Custom Straight Razor
Martinez Custom Straight Razor

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger (26-28mm fan)
Wiborg White Badger (26-28mm fan)
Declaration Grooming B6 knot brush (26mm)
Another Paladin Fan in Honey Noir (not sure what handle shape, though)

Ozaku JNAT (BIG money for a good one that is fast and hard)

TIME to hone my straights....lol
I like your list. I’m not one that obsessed over brushes so I don’t have any on my long range list but I definitely have more custom straights on it. I know he’s not technically producing straights right now but I’d like to think I’ll have a straight razor made by Shawn one day.

Ok, so i'm new. Here is my modest list of things i'm after...these aren't necessarily long term as i'm eager ?

Soaps:
Wholly kaw - king of oud
Noble otter - black the et vanille
Martin de candre - fougere
Barrister and Mann - vespers
Catie's bubbles - purple grapefruit
The club - asian plum, grecian horse and amber rose

I'd also like to get hold of some Fine fresh vetiver and Geo F Trumper - wild fern
and a Simpson's chubby
Having perused here, the paladin brushes are on the list too ?

Cheers

Dan

Ok, so i'm new. Here is my modest list of things i'm after...these aren't necessarily long term as i'm eager
1f633.png

Soaps:
Wholly kaw - king of oud
Noble otter - black the et vanille
Martin de candre - fougere
Barrister and Mann - vespers
Catie's bubbles - purple grapefruit
The club - asian plum, grecian horse and amber rose

I'd also like to get hold of some Fine fresh vetiver and Geo F Trumper - wild fern
and a Simpson's chubby
Having perused here, the paladin brushes are on the list too
1f44d.png

Cheers

Dan

Great list Dan!

I'd love to have an adjustable bench sander, band saw, and scroll saw. All of these would be for making custom razor scales and the requisite craft items for my wife.

I am actually quite content with where I am currently on most things.
Soaps seem to be my weakness. I have found quite a few bases I really like, but not the perfect scent.
There are quite a few CBL scents I'd like to try, but can't see ordering them all in full sized tubs. I will most likely just pick one and give it a try. Anyone know of a CBL passaround? That would be perfect!
Ariana & Evans seems intriguing.
Would like to try the B&M Reserve base eventually also.
Everytime I venture away from my goto razor I am disappointed, so will likely not change HW any.
What I really need to do is use up some of my current SW! ?

I am actually quite content with where I am currently on most things.
Soaps seem to be my weakness. I have found quite a few bases I really like, but not the perfect scent.
There are quite a few CBL scents I'd like to try, but can't see ordering them all in full sized tubs. I will most likely just pick one and give it a try. Anyone know of a CBL passaround? That would be perfect!
Ariana & Evans seems intriguing.
Would like to try the B&M Reserve base eventually also.
Everytime I venture away from my goto razor I am disappointed, so will likely not change HW any.
What I really need to do is use up some of my current SW!
1f642.png
Dont forget about the soap sample swap!

I am at some point going to buy the Oleo Canard soap “Smoke on the Water”. Other than that I am ok to not procure more soap.

I have been on the hunt for a Gillette Fat Handle Tech with the Tweed Case, it is the last razor I would like to find. Well, maybe a Double Ring, but that is like winning the in-the-wild lottery.

***picture from Mr. Razor’s website***

I have been on the hunt for a Gillette Fat Handle Tech with the Tweed Case, it is the last razor I would like to find. Well, maybe a Double Ring, but that is like winning the in-the-wild lottery.

***picture from Mr. Razor’s website***

You remind me, I need to find a couple more prewar. Since giving mine to my dad, I’ve missed it’s shaves!

Maybe a Koraat 14 2.0 or a Brian Brown straight.

Thinking hard about the Janus modern Toggle, but I'd have to sell a LOT of my gear to justify the purchase.

Long range will be a supply of injector blades. I have 40 more Personna Lab Blues, which will take me to the end of 2019, but I'm looking forward to switching back to the injector. Also, very long range will be a couple of pucks of MWF, Provence Sante Green Tea and C&S soaps.

I would like to get a tub of Dragon's Blood CBL when I do my next den purge. KJ gave me a sample and I went all gushy head over heels for the stuff.

I would like to get a tub of Dragon's Blood CBL when I do my next den purge. KJ gave me a sample and I went all gushy head over heels for the stuff.
How would you describe the scent of Dragon’s blood? I want to acquire some CBL soaps, but I can’t decide on the scents.

How would you describe the scent of Dragon’s blood? I want to acquire some CBL soaps, but I can’t decide on the scents.

It's almost an incense like scent. Chris describes the scent on his website...

Dragon’s Blood is a mysterious, sweet, earthy aroma. Notes of amber, patchouli, rose and sandalwood blend with nuances of jasmine and citrus to bring out subtle spice undertones. Hints of Vanilla and powder complete this classic scent.

Back